This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
And what of your previous phone, the mighty t610? Was it sold on ebay to raise funds for the purchase of the p900?
It was indeed, along with my PDA. I bought the T610 and made a profit, a tidy sum might I add.

At the moment the only phone I have on my persons, is the 8910, and awaiting another T610 which I shall recieve tomorrow.
Percy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
It's not like I collect phones. At the end of the day, I am a business man, I see something that will make money, I buy it.

How did you come to the conclusion that 90% of my budget goes on phones? You don't even know what my budget is, nor do you even know that I have a budget.
As you had not posted in my monthly expenditure thread, the 90% figure was a rough estimate. However, a man as immersed in the world of mobile telephony as you are must surely devote the majority of his budget towards investing in such technology. You should be applauded to such devotion to your art. This is what separates those who work at phones4u from those who work for lesser firms.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
As you had not posted in my monthly expenditure thread, the 90% figure was a rough estimate. However, a man as immersed in the world of mobile telephony as you are must surely devote the majority of his budget towards investing in such technology. You should be applauded to such devotion to your art. This is what separates those who work at phones4u from those who work for lesser firms.
So...erm...are you looking for a job then?
Percy
Rep:
?
So...erm...are you looking for a job then?
If such a position became available it would be a privilige to even apply for it. May I ask, have you ever sold a phone to a celebrity?
Percy
Rep:
?
It was indeed, along with my PDA. I bought the T610 and made a profit, a tidy sum might I add.

At the moment the only phone I have on my persons, is the 8910, and awaiting another T610 which I shall recieve tomorrow.
Why will you be purchasing another t610? Is it on payg or contract?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Why will you be purchasing another t610? Is it on payg or contract?
Sim free.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
If such a position became available it would be a privilige to even apply for it. May I ask, have you ever sold a phone to a celebrity?
That blonde from girls aloud, she doesn't look attractive close up.
Percy
Rep:
?
That blonde from girls aloud, she doesn't look attractive close up.
No, I shouldn't have thought so. What phone did she get?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How much do you reckon it would be for a 6230 on o2 200 upgrade wise?!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
No, I shouldn't have thought so. What phone did she get?
Don't remeber, it was ages ago.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
How much do you reckon it would be for a 6230 on o2 200 upgrade wise?!
£100 roughly.

Upgrades tend to be quite expensive compared to a new connection. With an upgrade you are basically paying for keeping your number. You might have seen many phone deals offering free handsets on a new conection, but if you were to upgrade you might well find yourself paying for the handset.

So firstly, you have to ask yourself, do you need to keep your number? Is it worth it?

There are good deals with O2 at the moment, they are offering double minutes and double text for the first three months of a new connection, so if your on O2 200 you get 400 minutes and 100 texts, and you might well find that the latest handsets would be free.
fifi53
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
bhaal85... if you work @ phones for you surely you could get phones free. i work in a phone shop (wont name it) and i get a free upgrade every quarter to any phone (even a p900)... dont have to pay any line rental at all, texts for 2p, calls for 1p... you should have a word with your boss.

oh, and about upgrades... i think its schocking when they charge more as its actually cheaper for the network to keep you on the same number!!!! its all about commision - ie. carphone warehouse will charge you loads for an upgrade but give you a free new connection cos they get more commision as a store for doing so. youre less likely to encounter this problem if you go direct to the mobile network - partic over the phone. i hada customer who was offered a 6600 upgrade for something stupid like £200 at the carphone warehouse, then he called up orange directly over the phone and they agreed to give it him for free!
Kerstoy
Report 15 years ago
Help Needed Pweese.

I Just Bought 02 X1 and being thick i need help.
wen i close the fone n leave it 4 abit and then i go bk 2 it ,it has a white bkground...n i pressed all the buttons but none seem 2 work...ow do i get ma normal bkground up ? :confused:

LoL told ya i was thick !

Help Appreciated !
Kirsty x
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£100 roughly.

Upgrades tend to be quite expensive compared to a new connection. With an upgrade you are basically paying for keeping your number. You might have seen many phone deals offering free handsets on a new conection, but if you were to upgrade you might well find yourself paying for the handset.

So firstly, you have to ask yourself, do you need to keep your number? Is it worth it?

There are good deals with O2 at the moment, they are offering double minutes and double text for the first three months of a new connection, so if your on O2 200 you get 400 minutes and 100 texts, and you might well find that the latest handsets would be free.
Hey, thanks alot for that info.

I rang them again today...
o2 offered about £130 upgrade, however they wont have the phone till the 21st.
Carphone warehouse on the other hand offer the 6230 for £100 now on O2 200 if i start a new contract, and special offer: 6230 free on O2 250 so i'll do that and then downgrade after 6 months to O2 200. Also i get double mins etc for 3 months. I just have to wait for my PUK to be generated.

If only O2 direct offered that!

Good move?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Hey, thanks alot for that info.

I rang them again today...
o2 offered about £130 upgrade, however they wont have the phone till the 21st.
Carphone warehouse on the other hand offer the 6230 for £100 now on O2 200 if i start a new contract, and special offer: 6230 free on O2 250 so i'll do that and then downgrade after 6 months to O2 200. Also i get double mins etc for 3 months. I just have to wait for my PUK to be generated.

If only O2 direct offered that!

Good move?
With O2 you can actually downgrade after three months, however with the double minutes they may have increased it to six, I'm not too sure. but yes its worth going on the higher tariff as it works out cheaper, provided you stick within your free inclusive minutes.

6230 @ £100 on O2 200 £30 a month.

6230 @ Free on O2 250 £35 a month. Now if you can change it after three months its only £15 really for the handest, and if its only after 6 months it will be £30. Plus you get more minuts too. So go for it!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fifi53)
bhaal85... if you work @ phones for you surely you could get phones free. i work in a phone shop (wont name it) and i get a free upgrade every quarter to any phone (even a p900)... dont have to pay any line rental at all, texts for 2p, calls for 1p... you should have a word with your boss.

oh, and about upgrades... i think its schocking when they charge more as its actually cheaper for the network to keep you on the same number!!!! its all about commision - ie. carphone warehouse will charge you loads for an upgrade but give you a free new connection cos they get more commision as a store for doing so. youre less likely to encounter this problem if you go direct to the mobile network - partic over the phone. i hada customer who was offered a 6600 upgrade for something stupid like £200 at the carphone warehouse, then he called up orange directly over the phone and they agreed to give it him for free!
Well you sound rather unscrupulous. The only thing we get is half price line rental for life on O2, and some discount on all the other networks.

Yes, it is quite shocking about the upgrade prices, and unfortunately we are unable to do anything about it. You would expect customer loyalty would actually reduce the price alas no such thing.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
With O2 you can actually downgrade after three months, however with the double minutes they may have increased it to six, I'm not too sure. but yes its worth going on the higher tariff as it works out cheaper, provided you stick within your free inclusive minutes.

6230 @ £100 on O2 200 £30 a month.

6230 @ Free on O2 250 £35 a month. Now if you can change it after three months its only £15 really for the handest, and if its only after 6 months it will be £30. Plus you get more minuts too. So go for it!
Hey thanks!

Still annoying that i have to cancel then reconnect! Why would people upgrade if it's better just to start again!

Plus my credit check passed this time so i can do the contract myself!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Plus my credit check passed this time so i can do the contract myself!
Your a big boy. lol.

Yeah its crazy the way they charge soooo much for an upgrade. Like I said go with the 6230, not the 6220. If possible try and get some free stuff, be cheeky with the sales rep, I know i do.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Your a big boy. lol.

Yeah its crazy the way they charge soooo much for an upgrade. Like I said go with the 6230, not the 6220. If possible try and get some free stuff, be cheeky with the sales rep, I know i do.
will i get anything if i haggle at carphone warehouse?!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
will i get anything if i haggle at carphone warehouse?!
Might do, try and speak to a timid and shy sales rep, they tend to be more inclined to give out free stuff.

BTW Are you disconnecting from O2 direct and connecting to CPW O2? As these are treated as two seperate companies, presumeably you want to transfer your number across.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)