Loulou28
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically...

I've been on access to he course for 2 years nearly, I originally wanted to do psychology at university but I've now changed my mind to midwifery....

This is NOT a split second decision.
I've thought about this for a long time now, and it is truly what i want to do.

I need some advice here as universities are asking for "30 credits in a health or science based subject"

I'm doing psychology at the moment which I have confirmed with the universities IS classed as science based

However, now I'm thinking I need nursing and health which I haven't been doing...

How can i do this, is it too late?
Should I drop out and just start the course over again next year?

I feel like I've wasted so much time, but I honestly have made up my mind that I want to do midwifery and as it's such a highly competitive subject, I doubt I'll get in with its psychology from an access course.

Is it possible to get some credits from nursing and health next year and continue for another year on my access course? Or would this also mess my chances of getting in as it looks bad to be on a 2 year course for 3 years??

SO STRESSED!

Any advice??
Bubble87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could apply for a foundation year or they might accept extra credits from a HSC OU module but they can be expensive. Personally I would just be frank with the universities and ask them what they need you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lillith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The girls on my course are doing access to healthcare professions which is psychology, criminology and health science. They have applied for Midwifery with no problems and I have 4 offers for nursing with the same course.
KatsToes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why not contact the universities you may wish to apply to to ask if they would consider your application for midwifery? It does seem a waste to start again after 2 years.
Have you taken a biology module? If not then I'm sorry but I doubt any Uni will consider you without this as midwifery is really hard to get into.
Can you not check with the access course lecturers if you can 'add i'm extra credits next year? If your heart is truly set on midwifery surely it's better to spend an extra year on the access and get all the right grades you need to apply?
Try not to stress too much, people change their minds all the time, I changed from nursing to OT through clearing.
Good luck
Emerald123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KatsToes)
Why not contact the universities you may wish to apply to to ask if they would consider your application for midwifery? It does seem a waste to start again after 2 years.
Have you taken a biology module? If not then I'm sorry but I doubt any Uni will consider you without this as midwifery is really hard to get into.
Can you not check with the access course lecturers if you can 'add i'm extra credits next year? If your heart is truly set on midwifery surely it's better to spend an extra year on the access and get all the right grades you need to apply?
Try not to stress too much, people change their minds all the time, I changed from nursing to OT through clearing.
Good luck
No nothing is too late!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (69)
28.28%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
37.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.3%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.69%

Watched Threads