The Student Room Group

Position in class meaning

Hi there! I am Cristina , an EU student (Italian) and I have just accepted my offer at the SMLC at the University of Leeds for 2014/2015. I am filling in the application form for some postgraduate taught scholarships but I still cast some doubts. I am asked to write my degree classification, GPA and position in class. The Italian assessment method is very different from yours. I will be graduated by July and I am expected to be graduated with "110 cum Laude" (which is the maximum). Is your 1st Class Honours equivalent to it? My percentage mark in Italy is 29,4 / 30, I tried to find an equivalence through the proportion
29, 4 : 30 = x : 4.0= 29.4 x 4 : 30= 3.92 / 4.0. Do you think is it right?
Last but least, what do you mean with "position in class"?
Thank you very much for your attention and sorry for bothering you, but I surfed the net and I found nothing ...
Kisses
Cristina
Reply 1
Hi Cristina, you need to make an interpollation, that is because the GPA grades are from 1 to 4. If you make an a simple rule of three (excuse my english, i am a venezuelan student) assume that the GPA are from 0 to 4. In the same case with the grades in Italy if use grades from 1 to 30.
I hope i can help you.
Marco
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by marcop1
Hi Cristina, you need to make an interpollation, that is because the GPA grades are from 1 to 4. If you make an a simple rule of three (excuse my english, i am a venezuelan student) assume that the GPA are from 0 to 4. In the same case with the grades in Italy if use grades from 1 to 30.
I hope i can help you.
Marco

Hi Marco, thank you very much for your answer ^-^. However, the Uni Admission Tutors advised me to write the marks based on the Italian education system explaining that the range is from 18 to 30 instead of from 0 to 4 as in the GPA. Thank you anyway =)
I'm stupid
Original post by maratina
I'm stupid

You clearly are if you bother to reply to something 8 years old...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending