Mary-Ts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would really like a bit of help here cause i have offers from Cranfield, Reading and Exeter...What would you advice??
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any areas within marketing you are interested in? Compare it with concentration at each MSc programme. What are your educational and professional goals, background, home or overseas student?
Mary-Ts
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Tcannon)
Any areas within marketing you are interested in? Compare it with concentration at each MSc programme. What are your educational and professional goals, background, home or overseas student?

Hi! I hope that during the MSc I will find areas that are of interest to my, because I have a scientific background so I don't really have a focus now.I am an EU student and I would like to be a professional on Marketing. I just want some advice on choosing between those 2 universities, they have similar program..
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They don't really have similar programmes and it is quite an ignorant statement. Did you actually visit both B-Schools in person and attend classes on open day or just browsed the glossy prospectus?

Cranfield is recognised as the better B-School (See FT, economist, Forbes rankings). Reading is nowhere and not even in the same bracket! I think you may have mixed things up because you are not from the UK and did not study management sciences. Cranfield MSc Marketing competes with Manchester, City U and maybe even Warwick.

Cranfield has innovative multi-learning platform (lecture, case, group based projects, real life consulting assignment and experimental learning). Big on General management and professional development (teamwork, leadership), putting theory into practice. Cranfield has also better facilities & career support compared to Reading.

Cranfield SOM > Reading
NickOwener
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cranfield all the way. And if its MSc Finance and Management, there is hardly any other UK University that will come closer. Its finesse - Cranfield is!

Ideally a programme should be selected based on the course content. Like TCannon mentioned, Cranfield has one of the best career services. Most companies want to watch out for their graduates. Probably because Cranfield does not have undergraduate courses, the university may not be discussed as much as any other top university. But the university clearly provides some of the best lectures, great post study advantage, & much more.
yycyan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Henley business school (Reading) is actually quite good, I'm not sure you looked for Henley and not Reading Uni for the rankings?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads