Liverpool are going to win the league.

Watch
trrr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Think about it- the media will absolutely love it, great story of one club who witnessed 24 years of pain and now at a point where they have overcome the "money" clubs despite having limited resources, Brendan Rodgers beating Mourinho, Suarez becoming a great guy who changed his ways because of Liverpool football club, possible hollywood movies in the near future about Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard.

It's going to hurt I know....

midnightice
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
trrr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by midnightice)
I'd like to think so but football is just way too predictable.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm telling you now. Chelsea will win it.

Calling on Liverpool to beat City. City to draw to everton, Chelsea to beat Liverpool at Anfield.

If any of those results don't happen, City will win the league.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll bump this in May when Liverpool don't win the league.
Thugnificent.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
City will win by a point.

Next weekend will be like a champions league semi final game lol
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think we will win it tbh, I'll have some faith nonetheless though. But we've over achieved our target and I'm happy with any of the top 3 spots for this year.
White Dress
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hehe watch us win the league without dropping a point
djnuron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think Liverpool can secure the league title, Manchester City is the one who will take the Title
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope, even as a Liverpool fan I don't believe we will, we'll finish a point above Chelsea but 2 behind City.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I'll bump this in May when Liverpool don't win the league.
trrr is a Chelsea fan.

I haven't come across (m)any Liverpool fans who think we're going to win the league. There's a lot of hope and optimism (who wouldn't have that after 9 wins in a row?) but most will be happy with anywhere between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

If we're top of the table at the start of May (and Man City can't get ahead after playing their game in hand), only then will I start to think we could actually do it.
elpistolero7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
trrr is a Chelsea fan.

I haven't come across (m)any Liverpool fans who think we're going to win the league. There's a lot of hope and optimism (who wouldn't have that after 9 wins in a row?) but most will be happy with anywhere between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

If we're top of the table at the start of May (and Man City can't get ahead after playing their game in hand), only then will I start to think we could actually do it.
If we beat them, they can't get ahead as long as we do the business in our other games.
They have a tough away trip to Goodison left, while we have Chelsea at home ; those 2 fixtures could make a big difference in the end I think.

If we beat them this weekend, then I'll start believing big time. 08-09's title challenge ruined the optimist in me , and then Hodgson destroyed everything.
KingMessi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
'Of all forms of mistake, prophecy is the most gratuitous...'
Mikeash609
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think if we (Liverpool) beat City tomorrow I reckon we will go on to win the league. We're hoping that Everton will do us a favour when they play City at Goodison and I don't see it being that unlikely with Evertons current home form. As for Chelsea, they've got Atlético Madrid 5 days before and 3 days after coming to Anfield. So hopefully this will give Liverpool an advantage. I genuinely believe that we will win the league.
lucas13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
still think city are favourites
Mikeash609
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucas13)
still think city are favourites
According to all the bookies, yeah they are. But so were United when we beat them 3-0 at Old Trafford. At the end of the day it's a game of football, Liverpool, City or Chelsea could win it. Liverpool could smash City tomorrow then get smashed by Norwich a week later.

I'm just praying Liverpool can do it. I know we can, but whether we do is a different matter!
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
I'm telling you now. Chelsea will win it.

Calling on Liverpool to beat City. City to draw to everton, Chelsea to beat Liverpool at Anfield.

If any of those results don't happen, City will win the league.
Chelsea will win **** all
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RedArrow)
Chelsea will win **** all
More likely for you guys to win **** all if I'm being honest.
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
More likely for you guys to win **** all if I'm being honest.
That still means Chelsea will win **** all
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RedArrow)
That still means Chelsea will win **** all
Not falling for the bait.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (43)
58.11%
No (17)
22.97%
Not sure (14)
18.92%

Watched Threads