The Student Room Group

Ryanair's extra cabin bag

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me out. I'm flying with Ryanair on Wednesday from Stansted, and wondering about how strict they are with the extra cabin bag - could I bring a smallish backpack with me as a second piece? It's just big enough to hold a 14" laptop and one or two books. I've seen the dimensions they give but don't have a ruler/measuring tape to check the dimensions of the bag. I flew with them in January, but I checked in a bag then and only had my roller suitcase as hand luggage. I think I did see people with backpacks as well as small suitcases and they weren't stopped, but it could also have been a case of Italian airports being more lax If I could bring the laptop in a backpack then I wouldn't need to check in a suitcase as I could fit my clothes etc in a carry-on suitcase.

Any help appreciated!!
I don't know of anyone that's flown with Ryanair since their new rules came into force, so for the time being I probably wouldn't go further than a shop carrier bag or a handbag. But if you've seen people go from Stansted for example with rucksacks as well as roller hand luggage, by all means go for it.
I flew with them in February, really you can only get away with a small handbag.

Quick Reply

Latest