Driving Test/Lessons memories

Watch
hbk4894
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
what can you remember about the time you had your driving lessons or your driving test(both practical and theory) , did anything memorable happen?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Theory: passed first time, was quite ecstatic! Then the novelty wore off when I realised I still had the practical to get through yet :/

Practical: I failed first time, passed second

Not much else to remember. I hated driving lessons!
L88CHO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Driving lessons - Used to drive around listening to my fav CD, driving instructor used to make me pick his 3 year old up from nursery! Now thats trust for ya!
Test - Passed theory first time ten lessons later passed practical first time!

Learning to drive was the best thing i ever did! i love driving
CalvinJ21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
passed the theory first time but failed the practical once. most memorable moment was my very first day driving the stick shift. i had picked up on it pretty quickly and the cones were no problem so i was allowed to start driving on the road. i was doing fine for abt 10 mins till my brain shut down and i stalled like 4-5 times at a stoplight
hbk4894
Rep:
?
anyone ever crashed on a driving test or in a lesson?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hbk4894)
what can you remember about the time you had your driving lessons or your driving test(both practical and theory) , did anything memorable happen?
Back in the days when i was having lessons- my dad once asked me (deadly seriously)- do they teach you how to do handbrake turns on your driving lessons?
Oh yeah, i can just imagine the examiner asking you to do one of them on your test.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hbk4894)
anyone ever crashed on a driving test or in a lesson?
My sisters ex heard that someone had apparently crashed on a driving lesson- he didnt know who it was or how bad it was, but it was with bill pant driving school in one of their nice audis.
cathyhelen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The old theory test papers were no longer being used. I had to answer the questions on a computer. I also had to do a hazard awareness test. It was a bit like a computer game where you have to click when you see a hazard. I did not find the theory that bad. It was the actual driving test that was horrible.

The unofficial first time was really disappointing. I do not count it as the first time because I was sent home. It was not my fault that the driving instructors car had a hidden puncture. I went home nearly in tears.

The official first time went badly too. I tapped the curb with a wheel and that was an automatic fail. I was really lucky in some ways that I was allowed to carry on the driving test right to the end for the experience.

I passed the second time! I made sure that I had plenty of time to practice before the retake.

A good tip is to be a diva and to refuse to drive the car all the way from your home to the driving test center. You have enough to worry about without wearing yourself out before the driving test has even begun.
jusdorange
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My teacher was hot 😏
RumpeIstiltskin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One time on a driving lesson I was following a truck with a skip on the back down a country road which was knocking a lot of leaves off of the branches above. My instructor told me to stop which was very fortunate since a massive tree branch fell into the road in front of us which would probably have landed on the bonnet if I hadn't stopped.
abedin56
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does any body can lights on Ashford driving test center please
hbk4894
Rep:
?
(Original post by abedin56)
Does any body can lights on Ashford driving test center please
anyone?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (18)
35.29%
No (29)
56.86%
I don't know (4)
7.84%

Watched Threads