Recommended BCAA's for novice bodybuilding?

Watch
Joyful_soul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Conscious about spending (unless you know relatively easy ways of making money, then send me a message :p:) so a balance between budget and good quality (if possible):

I've shortlist the following from fitness articles:

Intrabolic
Xtend
AST BCAA 4500mg
RecoverPRO
Met-RX BCAA 2200
Infinite Labs: BCAA Caps
Universal Nutrition: BCAA Pro*
Optimum Nutrition: BCAA 1000 Cap*

Asterisk near the best price for the quality

Which of these should I buy?

Thanks
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are you so determined to buy and use BCAAs?
Joyful_soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
Why are you so determined to buy and use BCAAs?
I need the essential aminos which are the foundation for building muscle? Please explain this to me further.
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would just go with BCAAs from a bulk suppler (MP, BP, GN, TPW, BBW) - will be reasonably priced.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joyful_soul)
I need the essential aminos which are the foundation for building muscle? Please explain this to me further.
Just eat enough protein.
Joyful_soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
Just eat enough protein.
Does the protein contain Luceine and Valeine? I want to make sure that I am getting a sufficient amount of all the amino acids for my workout. Sorry if these questions may not make sense, I am relatively new to all of this and want to start bodybuilding based on calculations not just going to the gym and doing blind reps.

Thanks
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does the protein contain Luceine and Valeine? I want to make sure that I am getting a sufficient amount of all the amino acids for my workout. Sorry if these questions may not make sense, I am relatively new to all of this and want to start bodybuilding based on calculations not just going to the gym and doing blind reps.

Thanks
Protein is the name we use to describe a long chain of amino acids linked together. That is, protein is made up of amino acids. An amino acid is considered essential if the only way we can get it is through our diet. With respect to supplementing amino acids, as long as you're getting your protein from good sources (meat and dairy, or a wide variety of vegetables and other vegan protein sources), you won't be deficient in amino acids. Your body will get all the amino acids it needs from breaking down the protein you get in your diet.

BCAAs are a specific type of amino acid, and unless you're eating sources deficient in BCAAs (and are already getting sufficient protein/g through your diet), you likely won't benefit from supplementing them.

That said, if you really are determined to supplement BCAAs - commandant's advice is the best. A BCAA is a BCAA, full stop. BCAA content/g is the relevant figure.
Joyful_soul
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Protein is the name we use to describe a long chain of amino acids linked together. That is, protein is made up of amino acids. An amino acid is considered essential if the only way we can get it is through our diet. With respect to supplementing amino acids, as long as you're getting your protein from good sources (meat and dairy, or a wide variety of vegetables and other vegan protein sources), you won't be deficient in amino acids. Your body will get all the amino acids it needs from breaking down the protein you get in your diet.

BCAAs are a specific type of amino acid, and unless you're eating sources deficient in BCAAs (and are already getting sufficient protein/g through your diet), you likely won't benefit from supplementing them.

That said, if you really are determined to supplement BCAAs - commandant's advice is the best. A BCAA is a BCAA, full stop. BCAA content/g is the relevant figure.

Thank you for this explanation.

What are the best natural sources of the BCAA's? Is it easy to obtain sufficient amounts of them through nutrition?
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You really are fixated with BCAAs. Have you been on BB.com recently by any chance?
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you for this explanation.

What are the best natural sources of the BCAA's? Is it easy to obtain sufficient amounts of them through nutrition?
I have no clue, mate. I'm sure you could find some info on Google/Wikipedia. No clue why you'd want to know about them specifically, though. There are another 18 amino acids that you need on top of that. Lots of great protein sources have relatively little of some amino acid or the other, so all you need to do is make sure you're eating enough protein for a bulk, and making sure you're not getting 100% of your protein from a single thing like maize. :lol:
Old School
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[COLOR=#000000]x
None of the above.

Save your money, buy more actual food.

Focus on training hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.63%
Uncertainty around my education (195)
15.29%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (141)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (181)
14.2%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (57)
4.47%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.65%
Loneliness (112)
8.78%
Financial worries (45)
3.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (58)
4.55%
Exposure to negative news/social media (58)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (112)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (117)
9.18%

Watched Threads