The Student Room Group

How to feel more confident about my looks?

I feel that I'm an unattractive guy who can't get a girlfriend because of my looks. Some girls say personality is more important but I don't think that's true, since people look on the outside first before finding out what's on the inside. I have asked many girls out before without success, perhaps they are disgusted when they see my face.

I'm physically healthy, I don't smoke, I have great hygiene and dress well when I go out. The problem with me is that I'm short at 5"2. I see a lot of guys out there who are tall with ripped bodies and a lot better looking than me. That's what I feel the typical guy a girl is into... I don't have those traits so I stand no chance competing against them for a girl. I don't think I'm good looking and I never get compliments from girls other that I'm a nice person.

What can I do to feel confident about myself? How can I improve myself?
You could try telling yourself something that you like about yourself. For example if you liked your hair you could tell your repeatedly each day 'I have good hair' and after time you will believe it and become more confident. Meaning that girls may like you more if you have the confidence x
My trick was to look at myself as though i was someone else. It worked for a little bit, as if i treated my mirror image as someone else i would never be so nasty or hateful to them.
I also make notes whenever someone compliments me on my looks and i read them for reassurance.
Also affirmations help, and knowing that looks aren't everything. There's more to life, and the people who like you despite your looks are the people worth keeping in your life.
Also i've realised how sexy confidence is. I've had crushes on so many average (some even slightly unattractive) guys just because of their confidence and the way they present themselves.

It does take a while, and it is really hard. I still hate how i look but confidence takes time, and determination. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending