The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the funny thing is to seek answers, holocaust deniers or "revisionists" always resort to internet forums and youtube instead of history books
Reply 81
Original post by Joanna9
My book is by Laurence Rees, who interviews people involved in WWII, from the Japanese, to the Germans, to the Americans. These interviews do not fit a narrative nor are they woven in to a story, they are asked questions simple, non-directive questions and they give detailed and specific accounts of their participation in the camps and the Holocaust. I do not see how your point of my evidence fitting a certain narrative is any different to the website you sent me? Does that not follow a narrative? A specific target and aim that involves denying the Holocaust ever happened? The only difference that I see, is that the author of my evidence, is a credible historian, writer of teaching material and director of historical television. The author of your evidence is anonymous and we know of no credible information surrounding his/her education or morals. For all we know, you could have created it.

I read the Wikipedia article on Laurence Rees. He is primarily a BBC programme maker. The BBC is a highly biased organisation. Furthermore look at list of programmes he has made. Do you see a pattern here:

2012 The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler producer and writer
2008 World War II: Behind Closed Doors
2005 Hitler's Place in History executive producer
2005 Auschwitz: The Nazis and the 'Final Solution' producer, director & writer
2003 Colosseum: Rome's Arena of Death co-executive producer
2002 Christmas Under Fire executive producer
2002 The Ship executive producer
2001 Timewatch: Bombing Germany executive producer
2001 Horror in the East producer & writer
2000 Conquistadors executive producer
2000 Sleeping with the Enemy producer
2000 Hitlers Krieg im Osten director
1999 War of the Century producer & writer
1998 In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great executive producer
1997 Tales from the Tomb: Lost Sons of the Pharaohs executive producer
1997 Timewatch: Secret Memories executive producer
1997 The Nazis: A Warning from History producer, director & writer
1995 Crusades executive producer
1995 Reputations: Pope Pius XII the Pope, the Jews and the Nazis executive producer
1994 Reputations: Beria Stalin's Creature executive producer
1992 We Have Ways of Making You Think producer & writer
1982 Timewatch editor
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by XxSophie01xX
I'm all for free-speech, but Holocaust deniers are just ridiculous. There is so much evidence that the only reason you could possibly be contesting it is to be pointedly controversial just for the sake of it. I once heard someone say that all those images of emaciated corpses were photo shopped, and the concentration camps were actually fitness camps. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Have you ever thought that like everyone else you are capable of selective perception. You only remember the ridiculous arguments.

For example I bet you don't remember being presented with the fact that the International Red Cross were called Holocaust deniers in the 1990s and they made a shameful political apology. They were in the Germany camps but because their accounts didn't agree with what the all BBC educated knew must be true, they must have been wrong and all their documentation was wrong.

The International Red Cross - Holocaust Deniers.
Original post by Telnet
So you have a label and a prejudice against people who question these events. Can you really claim the moral high ground and fairness of debate what you want to label someone who dares to look into something as unclean?

What you have is like a religious conviction to something. An analytical analysis allows other people to analyse. A religious conviction to some so called facts with trying to disallow other to enquiry is hardly going to be likely to arrive at the truth. Surely its objective to say this.

so sad when a young person becomes deluded. just spend a few minutes here:

http://db.yadvashem.org/names/search.html?language=en

reflect on how not so long ago young people of your age were taken away by train to be murdered.
Reply 84
Original post by the bear
so sad when a young person becomes deluded. just spend a few minutes here:

http://db.yadvashem.org/names/search.html?language=en

reflect on how not so long ago young people of your age were taken away by train to be murdered.

Really Bruno Baum who was one of the tens of thousands who of Holocaust survivors (how do you survive a death camp?) wrote in his book:

"It is no exaggeration when I say that the majority of all Auschwitz propaganda, which was spread at that time all over the world, was written by ourselves in the camp...We carried out this propaganda for the world public until our very last day of presence in Auschwitz."
Original post by Telnet
Really Bruno Baum who was one of the tens of thousands who of Holocaust survivors (how do you survive a death camp?) wrote in his book:

"It is no exaggeration when I say that the majority of all Auschwitz propaganda, which was spread at that time all over the world, was written by ourselves in the camp...We carried out this propaganda for the world public until our very last day of presence in Auschwitz."

you are a sad person telling these lies to yourself.
Reply 86
you are a sad person telling these lies to yourself.

Lies! So the truth like the various countries soccer teams at Auschwitz or the use of Zyklon B in the United States for disease control on Mexican immigrants aren't true, even though they are verifiable? Or the I G Farben plant next to Auschwitz actually being a joint venture with Standard Oil...

You need doublethink to believe in the Holocaust story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Telnet
Lies! So the truth like the various countries soccer teams at Auschwitz or the use of Zyklon B in the United States for disease control on Mexican immigrants aren't true, even though they are verifiable? Or the I G Farben plant next to Auschwitz actually being a joint venture with Standard Oil...

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh you need professional help. i hope that one day you will realize the wickedness of what you are saying. an apology to the victims of Shoah would be nice, but i am not holding my breath.
Reply 88
Original post by Telnet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to add on the Zyklon B:
All camps used Zyklon B for delousing. In fact according to historians 95% of the chemical was used for this purpose.
If you watch David Cole's ( a jew ) documentary you will see that the delousing structures at auschwitz have clear evidence of Zyklon B usage ( blue stains on walls ) while the so called gas chambers have none.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 89
tbh you need professional help. i hope that one day you will realize the wickedness of what you are saying. an apology to the victims of Shoah would be nice, but i am not holding my breath.

Does it not occur to you that a fair discussion on the subject has not been allowed to happen. Going straight to emotion about the victims is bypassing discussion.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Telnet
Does it not occur to you that a fair discussion on the subject has not been allowed to happen. Going straight to emotion about the victims is bypassing discussion.

you need help.
Reply 91
you need help.

Anyone with a brain needs help in a world of lemmings constantly led by propaganda and lies.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Telnet
Anyone with a brain need help in a world of lemmings constantly led by propaganda.

as i mentioned before it is sad when a young person takes a wrong turning such as you have.

the answer is education; the Yad Vashem people can organize visits to your primary school from Survivors.

contact them at www.yadvashem.org
Reply 93
as i mentioned before it is sad when a young person takes a wrong turning such as you have.

the answer is education; the Yad Vashem people can organize visits to your primary school from Survivors.

contact them at www.yadvashem.org

We have survivor testimony right here, do you think there people are not real:

Good luck with your therapy. it is marvellous what they can do nowadays.
Reply 95
Good luck with your therapy. it is marvellous what they can do nowadays.

Using sanity to define differences in politics. Great way to try and manipulate people. You were taught this via people who were taught this, and there people were taught this via Frankfurt School professors who wanted to change Western society in line with their aims.
oh my . such an intellectual.
Original post by Telnet
Why is it forbidden to ask this question?

No only 5.5 million died... but they just rounded the figure off.
I heard hitler was a popular guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
oh my . such an intellectual.

My how typical of a left wing state education system - you can't be socially right-wing and and intellectual.