Norethisterone question.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So my period is due in 4 days, but I need it to come today as I'm going on holiday in 3 days and I really don't want my peirod.

I've had normal pms symtoms, spots, very very mild cramps (not normal), sore breasts (not usual for me) and a bloated tummy which seems to have gone down. :confused:

I have some norethisterone tablets which I got a few months ago and never used, but I'm afraid of using them because I've heard the side effects after are horrendous e.g. very bad cramps. I already normally get bad cramps and I'd rather not have anymore.

I've also tried inducing my period, parsley and ginger tea, green tea, hot baths, hot food, sit up's but nothing has arrived yet

What would you do and what was your experience with this tablet?
And If my period is due tomorrow, will it still come if I start the Norethisterone today?

Thanks
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took it when I went on holiday a few years ago and I cant recall having any side effects (apart from my cycle being a little irregular the month after), of course every woman is different so some might experience side effects. I was told by my GP to take it 3 days before my due date which I did and my period didn't come on until a few days after I stopped taking the tablets. Again this might vary between women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.66%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (100)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed