i've always gotten 6-7/12 and it's really frustrating b/c i know its not that hard but i can't get the structure of it right to include all the info i need.
please could i have a detailed structure to follow e.g para 1, para 2
We use this structure-
Say what the issue is(e.g. animal testing is essential for a better quality of life- explain animal testing)
Your view and why( you need this for band 3 I think, and if you put it in conc., you run risk of skimming it in a last few mins rush at end.
Other people/reasons that support your view.
Then the other side of the argument-try to explain why you go with your view and not this view(e.g. for= animal testing has already saved lots of lives with treatments its developed, but against= I disagree because lots of animals have lost their lives in the process.)
Conc.- have a final thought. Save an argument for this bit(e.g. what is wrong with allowing humans to volunteer and be payed for their contribution?)
Just don't forget quotes!
M y opinion
C hristians believe that... (replace as appropriate
O ther ******* believe that....
W orld views believe that (use other religion to one studied
1. I think... Because...
2. On the one hand, Some Christians...
3. On the other hand, Other Christians...
4. My gut reaction is... because...
5. Criticisms, counter arguements..
6. In Conclusion
Like what is your like thought on it like what does your gut tell you
We follow: TBA
Teaching, Belief and Action.
1.Your initial brief opinion and whether you agree or disagree.
B: Roman Catholics believe abortion is wrong because God plans all our lives.
T: In the bible it says: "Be fruitful and increase in number"
A: Therefore Roman Catholcis are opposed to abortion and try and convince others
of different solutions if they do not want a baby, for instance adoption.
3. Second TBA using a different denomination of Christianity.
4. Third TBA using a different religion or atheist point of view.
5. Your final point of view.
6. Conclusion which includes what most Christians think and briefly sum up what they though
I got an A for RE/RS. The structure my teacher taught me is as follows:
1.What you think the statement is about
2.6 Christian views on the statement, remembering to include 2 or more quotes/references
3. Another view (eg Hindu, Muslim, Jew, etc)
4. The view of yet another group (this could include views of non-religious people eg a doctor for medical ethics)
5. Your own view, including the influences on your view and what you identify as (such as athiest, Christian, agnostic, Hindu etc) or whose viewpoint you agree with.
Write fast. Good luck.
(Note: If you studied a religion other than Christianity, point 2 would be 6 views from the religion you studied)
we follow IDAMC:
I) Identify the question
2) disagree ( give evidence )
3) agree ( give evidence )
4) my opinion
5) Christian believe - some / other Christian...
I usually did:
Christian view. (Roman catholic)
Other christian view who has a diferent opinion
Someone who agrees with you
Disagrees with you
Someone else who agrees with the you
Someone else who disagrees with you(write why this is a weak argument)