The Student Room Group

*OFFICAL THREAD* AS Edexcel History Unit 1 (Stalin's Russia) - May 14th 2014

Scroll to see replies

I've heard predictions it will be KQ2 (Dumas through to February Revolution) but I'm not sure... I think so William
Original post by WilliamSlim
I could have sworn there was a Bolshevik question on 2013 paper

If there was, I'm fairly certain it would have been about the Power Struggle, I can't imagine it being about pre-1924.
I have all the past questions of KQ1-3 if anyone wants me to post them?
delete
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh God please no, the duma stuff is my weakest. There's 2 choices so there'd be a Duma question and a PG/Bolsheviks-1924 one right?

I dont know man, we never got taught the last quarter (Stalin) so I'm confused really, it seems as if key question 4 comes up regularly... Someone must have an idea? If its likely to be the Bolsheviks I'll cry, just spent the last two days doing everything before that haha
Original post by riannacee
Please do take a pic, just so that im able to get a better understanding :smile: but thanks for that, at least I now know something lool :biggrin:

Just took a few pictures from the section about it. If you need the last bit, let me know :smile:

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

1399829362984.jpg

Sorry it's hard to see, I'll do them again if needs be :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Handles
If there was, I'm fairly certain it would have been about the Power Struggle, I can't imagine it being about pre-1924.

2013 was how far do you agree that the Bolsheviks consolidated their hold on power in the years after the October/November revolution mainly through the use of violence
against their opponents?
Original post by willyam_84
2013 was how far do you agree that the Bolsheviks consolidated their hold on power in the years after the October/November revolution mainly through the use of violence
against their opponents?

Yeah, that's a question for D3 (Russia, 1881 - 1924), not Stalin's Russia. :smile:
I could have sworn there was a Bolshevik question on 2013 paper

There was in January 2013, but not in May 13 :smile:
Original post by Handles
Yeah, that's a question for D3 (Russia, 1881 - 1924), not Stalin's Russia. :smile:

Am I on a different exam then?
Original post by the1akshay
Wait wait wait the topic starts in 1924, right?

I mean background info is useful, of course, but we would never be asked on anything pre-1924 would we?

Sorry, I was replying to someone who was asking for predictions in Tsarist Russia! 1881-1917 (D3)
Original post by Hayles018
Sorry, I was replying to someone who was asking for predictions in Tsarist Russia! 1881-1917 (D3)

Wait, so is D3 a different paper? Im confused lool
Am I on a different exam then?

Yeah, you're probably just looking at the wrong questions. These are the questions to do with Russia for January 2013, but if you're only studying Stalin and not late-Tsarist Russia, you're only bothered about the bottom two (D4).
image.jpg
Wait, so is D3 a different paper? Im confused lool

Depends if you're doing Edexcel! Edexcel's question format goes like D1, D2, D3, D4 etc... D3 and D4 Being Russian History! D3 - Tsarist Russia, D4 - Stalin's Russia
Original post by Handles
Yeah, you're probably just looking at the wrong questions. These are the questions to do with Russia for January 2013, but if you're only studying Stalin and not late-Tsarist Russia, you're only bothered about the bottom two (D4).
image.jpg

Oh right yeah I'm doing D3, thanks
Original post by Hayles018
Depends if you're doing Edexcel! Edexcel's question format goes like D1, D2, D3, D4 etc... D3 and D4 Being Russian History! D3 - Tsarist Russia, D4 - Stalin's Russia

Not sure because I known them as key questions, we start with Alexander III and finish on technically 1924 but were only learning it to 1917 for the sake of time?
I predict...Stalin's Russia:

To what extent was Stalin's leadership responsible for the victory of the USSR in WW2?

Why did the Terror/Collectivization happen?

Civil Rights:

How much change was there for Black citizens 1945-55/ Why was there little change?

To what extent was MLK responsible for civl rights successes 1955-68

I really doubt the power struggle/five-year plans/ black power will come up, because they dont tend to repeat questions,and these came up last year
How likely will ww2 come up in Stalin's Russia??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Dont think that just because a topic came up last year it wont come up again. I took this paper last year thinking that a D4 question of how Stalin came to power and his opponents and stuff wouldnt come up as that topc came up in 2012 - yet a similar question came up again! Hopefully you guys will get a nicer D3 section! Remember to elaborate on everything and discuss its significance in relation to the question, I know your teachers have probably banged on about that for the past few months but trust me it actually works! I had a mind blank on the D3 section last year but because I remebered just one or two facts and argued them to death, I got full marks on the paper :smile: Good Luck! x
Reply 59
Hey,

I'm really lagging on my factual knowledge for D4 and I'm really worried - nothing is sticking in my head! My teacher has said he thinks WWII or How Did The USSR Emerge as a Superpower may come up. What do you guys think?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated & good luck! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending