Two different systems of postgraduate application- what do I do?! Watch

clementinestaff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there- was looking for some advice on what to do with my postgraduate applications.
I've applied for 5 Social Work MA/MSc courses through UCAS, and have received offers from 2, rejection from one, withdrawn from one and have a pending interview (next week) at one, so hopefully will have heard back in advance of the May 8th deadline
However I've also made another independent application to another university, which still haven't got back to me at all, and potentially won't before the May 8th deadline?
This other university would be my first choice if I were made an offer- would it be okay to select a firm and insurance on ucas then later withdraw if I do get an offer? Would it be possible to hold one of my ucas offers as a back up (as they ask for a 2:2 degree, as opposed to the 2:1 the others are likely to ask for/have asked for)?

Also, given the way the social work bursary works (universities send a list of interveiw scores to be shortlisted by the NHS), what happens if I accept an offer, then change to another university, and I'm no longer shortlisted? (though this is quite a specific one, and I'll probably have to get in contact with them :P)

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.42%
It's just nice to be back! (180)
27.27%
Not great so far... (238)
36.06%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.24%

Watched Threads