This discussion is closed.
jazzy_girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hi its me again
I have another question to all you politically aware people:
Poland joins the EU on the 1st of May...this is all I know...so whats with the job visa or job permit or whatever? do I have to get one? the lady in Warminster told me she didnt know and your Ambassy is closed today
Do you know something about it?
Ann
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You wouldn't be able to just walk in to th country, you would have to apply for citizenship or at least some kind of permit.
jazzy_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
You wouldn't be able to just walk in to th country, you would have to apply for citizenship or at least some kind of permit.

so EU membership does not change a thing?
eh...
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jazzy_girl)
so EU membership does not change a thing?
eh...
Yes, instead of saying we don't want any Polish immigrants, we say we do (though we don't want too many) but you still have to go though all the proper channels.

Your government also gets to have highly over-paid MEPs who no one bothers voting for. You also get to argue about the EU charter and you can also break all the rules the EU sets for itself. You can argue with other EU countries but pretend you like them and you can have a term of EU presidency where you can **** everything up (like Berlusconi) and they can't do anything. Isn't the EU great?
jazzy_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Yes, instead of saying we don't want any Polish immigrants, we say we do (though we don't want too many) but you still have to go though all the proper channels.

Your government also gets to have highly over-paid MEPs who no one bothers voting for. You also get to argue about the EU charter and you can also break all the rules the EU sets for itself. You can argue with other EU countries but pretend you like them and you can have a term of EU presidency where you can **** everything up (like Berlusconi) and they can't do anything. Isn't the EU great?

i never said it was...
i was just askin...
nevermind
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)