AleksisA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
1) I am a EU student, and I have a place in Southampton Solent University. I had applied for a tuition fee loan for 2013/14, which was approved, but I unexpectedly had to defer my entry to September 2014 because I could not afford to live in England at the time. In December, I received two letters saying that I would not receive the loan for this academic year. When I apply for a loan for 2014/15, should I apply as a new student or as a continuing student?

2) I am currently temporarily studying in Latvia this academic year (this was my backup plan in case I could not study in England), and I will not finish that course before going to Southampton. Will I need to send any evidence regarding this even if I do not have compelling personal reasons for not completing the course?

3) I asked Southampton Solent University whether they could offer an alternative entry point because of my year of study in Latvia. They replied that I would need to send them copies of my results before they could decide. I will not get these results until June. This means that I do not yet know whether the year of my course in 2014/15 will be the first year or a later year. How should I fill out the "Year of course" in the loan application form?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there

Firstly you will need to apply as a new student and have your other application cancelled. Please contact the Eu team for assistance with this on 0141 243 3570. If you have only had one year of previous study and don't have a qualification, then you would still be able to get funding as everyone is entitled to what's called a gift year. Finally we would recommend you put the most likely year that you will be starting your course. If this changes, you can discuss with the EU team how to arrange for it be changed.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads