The Student Room Group

referencing and paraphrasing....need some advice guys!

basically, I did an essay and I tried my best to paraphrase. I didn't copy and paste anything but rather everything is similar to the sources which i took from. I have also referenced everything properly. I am an Alevel student and this is the first time I have ever done an essay that involves research. Is this okay so long I have referenced everything. I have an OCD which is driving me crazy.
Reply 1
Original post by Qtj987
basically, I did an essay and I tried my best to paraphrase. I didn't copy and paste anything but rather everything is similar to the sources which i took from. I have also referenced everything properly. I am an Alevel student and this is the first time I have ever done an essay that involves research. Is this okay so long I have referenced everything. I have an OCD which is driving me crazy.

Depends on what reference system your teacher wanted, although at a level you can get away with just saying the site you got it from, however if you go into university you HAVE to reference things properly and you CAN'T paraphrase really

University asks (most of the time) that references be in Harvard style

So unless it's a direct quote from a piece of text, changing the wording should be ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending