Any questions regarding accommodation at Avery Hill etc? - I'm happy to help! Watch

Bianca V
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everybody, if anyone has any questions at all about the Avery Hill Halls of Residence or the Greenwich Campus post it on here and i'll try and help the best I can.

This time last year I was panicking as regards to accommodation and the University as a whole so I will try and keep your minds at ease and help you to make a decision that suits you.

I've lived at the Avery Hill Campus for a year and will be living here next year to, personally I love the place!

Oh and I also study Marketing (BA Hons) at the Greenwich Campus so if you're concerned about travelling etc or the campus and surrounding areas I can also help with that.

1chitchat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I'm Holly and have a place at greenwich to study midwifery. Would need to stay at Avery hill and just had a few questions. How big are the rooms? Is there any shops on site! What do you do about joining the doctors? Do u like it there and what's transport like. Th
Bianca V
Rep:
?
Hey Holly! The rooms vary depending on which halls you are in. For example i'm in Cleves with en-suite and it's fine for me. You have a desk, shelves, wardrobe, radiator and fridge in the room. I'd say the sizes are enough for what you'd expect from a halls of residence.

Yep there is a shop on site called the 'village shop', although there is also a 24-hour M&S (petrol station shop) and a Nisa just a five-minute walk away...Nisa tends to close fairly early.

Joining the doctors is easy, you just go into the medical centre on-site and ask to register...it's as easy as that! But it does cancel your registration with doctors at home.

I love it here, i'm living here next year to because I like it so much! Transport is good in my opinion to and from Central London, it's easy once you get use to the routes
1chitchat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah cool! Are there lots of spare rooms then for people to stay on in year 2 or 3 because I think I'd like to stay there for 2 years if possible
Bianca V
Rep:
?
It just depends really, you just have to make sure you apply quick at the end of your first year.
Laurenriley_93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi bianca
im starting in September at Avery hill doing adult nursing. I applied for accommodation 3 weeks ago for and en suite room.

i was just wondering when am I likely to hear about whether I got a place in halls or not.
also at the nursing selection day we was told about how nursing and midwifery students get accommodation for the full 3 years due to the nature of the course. Do you know how true that is?

thanks
lauren x
Bianca V
Rep:
?
Hey Lauren,

If I remember correctly I received my accommodation offer in August last year, however people seemed to get them at all different times from June I think.

As regards to Nursing and having accommodation for 3 years I believe from what I know that this is 100% true, I have friends who study Nursing and they managed to secure accommodation for the 3 years they have studied at Greenwich.

If students want to return to the halls the following year they have to re-apply in the January of their first year, you will have to do this however because you are Nursing I think you are certain to get a place when you re-apply. It's people that don't study that course that may find it hard, it just depends on how quickly you do it I think, I know some people that weren't offered a place for next year. If you're still uncertain, give the accommodation office a ring (you can find the number on the Greenwich University website) and they will tell you the likelihood, i'm just giving you information from my experience and knowledge

Are there any other things that I can try and help with?
anetsah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'll be joining avery hill in a week but I signed up for a few freshers events in London. I was wondering how to get from the accommodation to the centre during the late hours and if there are some cheap alternatives for transport
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Greenwich
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
62.16%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
21.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.22%

Watched Threads