The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

When to expect response from Oxford? (for MSc Math & Comp Sci)

Hello everyone, my sister applied to Oxford's MSc in Mathematics and Introduction to Computer Science on the 14 March 2014 deadline. She hasn't received any response yet for interview or rejection. I got my interview invite a little less than 3 weeks after I submitted my application for another MSc program (on the 28 January deadline). Does anyone know when applicants for the MSC in Math & Comp Sci receive their emails? I would really appreciate any information regarding the application & processing timeline for this program. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
I applied for the 24 January deadline, got an interview invite 6 March. The interview took place on 18 March and I got the result two days later.

By the way, the course does not involve an "introduction" to CS in any way...
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Zefiros
I applied for the 24 January deadline, got an interview invite 6 March. The interview took place on 18 March and I got the result two days later.

By the way, the course does not involve an "introduction" to CS in any way...

Hey Zefiros, thank you so much for replying! My sister (actually more like my dad) can now relax a bit and not check her email (and for my dad to stop asking) constantly. Yeah, I only realized belatedly it was "... Foundations of Computer Science" and not Introduction... sorry! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 3
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but it's been 8 weeks so far and my sister still hasn't received any word on her application for Oxford's MSc in Mathematics and Foundations of Computer Science. Just to recap, my sister applied on the 03/14 deadline and received confirmation that her application was complete and ready for assessing about a week later. I know Zefiros said it took him/her about 6 weeks to receive an invite (and again, Zefiros, I thank you for your kind reply), but does this process usually take this long? When I applied to Oxford's MSc in Integrated Immunology, I got an invite for interview within two weeks. I know every department is different, I guess I'm just really worried (read neurotic, off-the-wall anxious) if this is a bad sign or not. I'm wondering if it would be wise to email the department to find out what's going on (albeit in a nice and not-so blunt way). I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/system/files/attachments/BriefGuide13_0.pdf

"For each round, decisions will be reached within about 8 weeks, and often less... Applicants who are not successful will be informed either that they have been put on a waiting list for further rounds, or that they have been rejected."

Sounds like she's at the tail end of the usual waiting period. Sending a brief email to the department won't hurt her chances so it's worth doing if it'll bring her peace of mind.
Reply 5
Original post by roaringlamb
http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/system/files/attachments/BriefGuide13_0.pdf

"For each round, decisions will be reached within about 8 weeks, and often less... Applicants who are not successful will be informed either that they have been put on a waiting list for further rounds, or that they have been rejected."

Sounds like she's at the tail end of the usual waiting period. Sending a brief email to the department won't hurt her chances so it's worth doing if it'll bring her peace of mind.

Hey roaringlamb, thanks for the reply and the link! I guess we're just going to have to be patient then...

Quick Reply

Latest