Putin should win the Nobel peace prize Watch

GnomeMage
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
He stopped a potentially disastrous war in Syria, saved loads of Americans and British soldiers from being sent and die there and he represents a balance of power in this world. He has my vote for the Nobel peace prize.
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes OK:congrats:
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If there were was a Nobel Ass Price it would have Putin's name all over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
datpiff
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a joke now anyway. Just give him it. Nobody cares anymore. If Ollama can win one them why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jordooooom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MidnightDream)
If there were was a Nobel Ass Price it would have Putin's name all over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there was a Nobel ebony princess prize it would have midnightdreams name all over it

Anyway, I agree. Putin actually had the balls to stand up to the corrupt American government
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GnomeMage)
He stopped a potentially disastrous war in Syria, saved loads of Americans and British soldiers from being sent and die there and he represents a balance of power in this world. He has my vote for the Nobel peace prize.
He would deserve it about as much as Obama did.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jordooooom)
If there was a Nobel ebony princess prize it would have midnightdreams name all over it

Anyway, I agree. Putin actually had the balls to stand up to the corrupt American government
Lol thanks if there was a Nobel prize for awesomeness I'm sure it would be all yours
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He only did so to protect Russia's interests in the region and let's not forget the Russians can be just as corrupt.

But he certainly receives my support over any figure from the West. Yays for Putin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
james22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He is supplying the Syrian government with weapons and he illegally annexed part of Ukraine.
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james22)
He is supplying the Syrian government with weapons and he illegally annexed part of Ukraine.
The West is supplying rebels that include far right islamist groups in Syria as it did in Ukraine [not islamist lolz]. The Crimeans would've voted to join Russia even if it was legal, I don't get this argument of self determination or national sovereignty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did Obama do to deserve the nobel peace prize?
james22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pulse.)
The West is supplying rebels that include far right islamist groups in Syria as it did in Ukraine [not islamist lolz]. The Crimeans would've voted to join Russia even if it was legal, I don't get this argument of self determination or national sovereignty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not as if the choice is between Russia and the west, I wouldn't give us it either.

It doesn't matter how the vote would have turned out, what Putin did was very illegal. The Crimean people didn't even have a choice to stay in Ukraine, it was independence or join Russia.
member403966
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, he is not. The West has been initiating and fueling the violence committed by so called "freedom fighters" in Syria, Libya, Ukraine and the like. Aw, the poor little West didn't get its way so respecting the sovereignty of other nations is now of the utmost importance! Open your eyes.
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Putin doesn't need the prize.
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not as if the choice is between Russia and the west, I wouldn't give us it either.

It doesn't matter how the vote would have turned out, what Putin did was very illegal. The Crimean people didn't even have a choice to stay in Ukraine, it was independence or join Russia.
Well it is the only choice and if Russia didn't act as it did, the EU and US would've seized the opportunity. 80% of the populus turned up and 93% voted to Russia, I think the end result was inevitable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kidomo)
What did Obama do to deserve the nobel peace prize?
Lol some people just wanted to lick his boots. I wonder if they tasted so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No. He has blocked UN resolutions over any actions on Syria so has helped keep a dictator in power and he has brought in homophobic laws in Russia. He has my vote as a terrible person.
Marco1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's true he does represent a balance of power. He did stop the West from going to war in Syria which would have been disastrous. I mean just look at the chaotic state of Iraq and Libya now! Worse than ever.

They weren't the only country to do so but the UK was making a lot of money supplying arms to rebel militias in Syria, some of which were radical Islamists with their own religious jihadist agenda - i.e. to kill as many 'unbelievers' as possible, for the so-called glory of Allah. It goes without saying to supply arms to these groups was utterly immoral. Violence only begets violence doesn't it? The US and I think the UK probably wanted to destabilise Syria for some dubious political reason.

In the Ukraine there are two sides to the story. Diplomacy and an openness to honest discussion is needed. More easily said than done of course. The level of fascist violence in Kiev against the police services of the elected Ukraine government, was unacceptable. The way the Western news media reported the Kiev riots was irresponsibly biased, in my opinion. In Crimea, the intolerant laws proposed by the new unelected government seem very unfair on the Russian and Tartar populations who live there. I don't mean to say it is all one-sided. It's not. To resolve this potentially devastating stand-off, Obama and Putin have to be prepared to carry some culpability for wrong action rather than remain completely polarised in their rhetoric.
ThatPerson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Putin didn't do anything for world peace. Everything he did was to further his own interests, sometimes at the expense of others.

It would ruin the peace prizes already worthless image if it was awarded to a man who oppresses his own people and has caused widespread homophobia in Russia.

Many people don't like the American government, so they see Putin and Russia as opposition to that, but they fail to see that the Russian Government is just as bad as America, and in many ways it is far worse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads