The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Liverpool vs Leeds

Applying for Chemistry w/Year in Industry. Mates at both unis, had a night out in 'pool last weekend: was sick. Only just had a look around Leeds, also nice. Liverpool supposedly better in terms of the course but my question is; which is the uni to go for taking course/night-life/accommodation(self-catered) and everything else in between into account, 'cause I really cannot choose for myself. Any info & opinions appreciated. Cheers in advance.
Reply 1
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
You've posted this in the University of Leeds subforum, so responses are going to be biased! They're both good universities. I'd suggest visiting the cities and universities to see which you like best. I attend the University of Leeds, if you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer.
Reply 3
Original post by carehow
You've posted this in the University of Leeds subforum, so responses are going to be biased! They're both good universities. I'd suggest visiting the cities and universities to see which you like best. I attend the University of Leeds, if you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer.

Thats the thing, visiting them didn't make this any easier! So its really down to what people say about the course at their uni and social life/quality of living within their accommodation (I posted this in Liverpool's subforum as well).
Reply 4
Original post by JJDL
Thats the thing, visiting them didn't make this any easier! So its really down to what people say about the course at their uni and social life/quality of living within their accommodation (I posted this in Liverpool's subforum as well).

Is one offer higher than the other? Could you firm one and put the other as an insurance? :smile:

For Leeds - I'm not very happy with my accommodation, but I know a lot of people who are so it would seem I'm in the minority and I don't know about the nightlife (I don't really go out...). The only thing I would say is a strength of Leeds as opposed to other universities I've looked at is that our union is excellent and there's over 250 clubs and societies.
Reply 5
Original post by carehow
Is one offer higher than the other? Could you firm one and put the other as an insurance? :smile:

For Leeds - I'm not very happy with my accommodation, but I know a lot of people who are so it would seem I'm in the minority and I don't know about the nightlife (I don't really go out...). The only thing I would say is a strength of Leeds as opposed to other universities I've looked at is that our union is excellent and there's over 250 clubs and societies.

Both require ABB, and would much rather put strathclyde as insurance as they're asking for BBC. Im confident i can meet the higher requirements, but you know - s**t happens.

Quick Reply

Latest