The Student Room Group

Is it too late to start revising?

My higher exams start in just over three weeks and my worst ones are all either then or pretty soon after that. I haven't done much revision, just cramming for mid unit assessments and the prelims in january. My level of understanding varies for each subject, for example, I got A*, A, A in my prelims for history, biology and art but only C for english and a fail for maths :frown:. English and maths are my two worst as you could probably guess and I don't know if i've left it too late to revise. I am aiming for all A's or at least a B in maths but I am wondering if I have left it too late to have any chance of meeting my target. If it's not too late, what actions should i take? I am about to make a study timetable but I have no idea how much i'd be able to do in the time I set myself as I am quite bad at being realistic and always set my goals too high. Any advice? Thanks :smile:
Original post by LCRMG
My higher exams start in just over three weeks and my worst ones are all either then or pretty soon after that. I haven't done much revision, just cramming for mid unit assessments and the prelims in january. My level of understanding varies for each subject, for example, I got A*, A, A in my prelims for history, biology and art but only C for english and a fail for maths :frown:. English and maths are my two worst as you could probably guess and I don't know if i've left it too late to revise. I am aiming for all A's or at least a B in maths but I am wondering if I have left it too late to have any chance of meeting my target. If it's not too late, what actions should i take? I am about to make a study timetable but I have no idea how much i'd be able to do in the time I set myself as I am quite bad at being realistic and always set my goals too high. Any advice? Thanks :smile:

It's never too late to start revising!

Here's a link to the Study Planner on TSR. It's a really useful tool and it's free to use. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner

Try to set yourself realistic goals and take plenty of breaks to stay motivated! I'd spend a little more time on the subjects you're struggling with, but don't neglect your strong subjects altogether.

Good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest