AQA AS French Oral

Watch this thread
Gingey96
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, I'm resitting the Unit two french oral in a few weeks, and I can't remember what on earth I'm supposed to write about in my nominated/ chosen sub topic. Apparently it has to be a minute or so long but I'm really unsure of what I am actually doing, can anyone help me?
Nirgilis
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Moved to Foreign Language Help . They're probably better placed to offer advice
llamaspoon
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
You need to choose a sub-topic and write five bullet points on what you'd liked to be asked within your nominated topic. Basically choose points where you can show off fancy language. This part of the exam lasts around 3 and a half minutes, so make sure you have enough material to cover that.

This is how I did my prep, however your teachers might want you to do it in a different format/way.
Gingey96
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by llamaspoon)
You need to choose a sub-topic and write five bullet points on what you'd liked to be asked within your nominated topic. Basically choose points where you can show off fancy language. This part of the exam lasts around 3 and a half minutes, so make sure you have enough material to cover that.

This is how I did my prep, however your teachers might want you to do it in a different format/way.
Thanks I'm unsure which subtopic to choose, I really dislike the one on media, so would it be better to choose that one to get it out of the way, or to choose a subtopic that I am more comfortable with? Which one are you doing?
llamaspoon
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gingey96)
Thanks I'm unsure which subtopic to choose, I really dislike the one on media, so would it be better to choose that one to get it out of the way, or to choose a subtopic that I am more comfortable with? Which one are you doing?
Personally, I think it's better to choose a sub topic you're bad at, as you can prepare your answers (to a certain extent). Last year, for my AS oral, my nominated topic was marriage. This was because I found it difficult to talk about the relationships topic as a whole, so I picked my strongest of the three sub topics (marriage). This way I had a relatively good idea what I was going to be asked about, thanks to the bullet points. I also knew I wasn't going to be asked on family and friendships at all, which was a relief!

Some people prefer to choose their strongest topic for their nominated topic, but personally I don't think that's the best idea.
MaheenMaheen
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I decided to choose relationships! Choose your worst topic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (32)
71.11%
No (9)
20%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
8.89%

Watched Threads