Edexcel Government and politics AS unit 1 Watch

KylieSantana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you think that it is better to revise only two sections out of unit 1, or is it risky? I've realized that they only want you to answer two sections and there questions on all four sections.
jtf1050
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Best to revise at least 3 to give you a better opportunity at answering the easier asked questions. Have you got any revision notes for unit 1?
KylieSantana
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jtf1050)
Best to revise at least 3 to give you a better opportunity at answering the easier asked questions. Have you got any revision notes for unit 1?
Ok, I have made revision notes. This is a good website for government and politics
1) http://www.hodderplus.com/edexcelpolitics/
2)http://www.hodderplus.co.uk/myrevisi...tics/index.asp
malsha_demel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does any one have any prediction on what might come up?
Riken09
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's hard to predict, but there's a limited amount of stuff that they can actually ask you when you think about it. I mean, how much can they realistically ask about pressure groups? Hopefully its only elitism and pluralist :P
KCheema
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing this exam next Tuesday as well. Feeling quote nervous. Hoping something on the participation crisis comes up and how to increase turnout etc. Wouldn't mind a question of referendums either. Would also find a question on arguments for and against FPTP a pleasant.

How about anyone else? Anyone got any good revision advice? Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Riken09
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
KCheema, I'm assuming your going to be doing the Democracy and Election question then? That's what i'll probably be doing. I'm really hoping it'll ask for how to increase democracy in the UK, and make a case for electoral reform in the UK.

Good revision technique would be to make sure you know your different types of elections I guess. As for predictions... I have no idea lol

Good luck
KCheema
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Riken09)
KCheema, I'm assuming your going to be doing the Democracy and Election question then? That's what i'll probably be doing. I'm really hoping it'll ask for how to increase democracy in the UK, and make a case for electoral reform in the UK.

Good revision technique would be to make sure you know your different types of elections I guess. As for predictions... I have no idea lol

Good luck
Yeah that is what I'm planning on doing... If a horrible question comes up for either of them then ill do pressure groups.

Yeah that's the types of questions I'm looking for too. Something for an argument whether to retain FPTP and something to do with democracy so ways to increase it such as lowering the voting age etc.

Does anyone know where I can get reliable statistics from to back up my points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.13%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%