The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

French Year Abroad

Hi,
I was just wondering how popular Canada is for the French year abroad in comparison to France. For example, if I applied for Canada, would the chance of me getting a place be very slim. Also, do they base it off of first year marks as to who gets what place?

Thanks for any help :smile:
Hi

I've asked your questions to the department, and will let you know when they get back to me.

You can take a look at the study abroad options for French here: http://studyabroad.leeds.ac.uk/outgoing/opportunities/department_specific_links/?cat=34 This includes universities in both France and Canada.

You can also find out about the alternatives to studying, such as working in industry or being a teaching assistant here: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/arts/info/20053/french/2112/residence_abroad

Amanda
University of Leeds
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Mylo353
Hi,
I was just wondering how popular Canada is for the French year abroad in comparison to France. For example, if I applied for Canada, would the chance of me getting a place be very slim. Also, do they base it off of first year marks as to who gets what place?

Thanks for any help :smile:

Hi,

I've spoken to the right person, and they've said that they can almost guarantee that you can get a study placement at one of the following universities in Canada.

University of Montreal - 7 places
Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres - 5 places

For next year (2014/15), we have 5 places at Quebec and 3 at Montreal, but students have only taken up 4 of these places.

First year marks are taken into consideration when we do the allocation procedure, so you should try to achieve a 2:1. You wouldn't necessarily be discounted if you achieved lower than this, but depending on the number of applications it may become a deciding factor.

I hope that answers your questions!

Amanda

Quick Reply

Latest