Need advice on starting a career in business! Watch

i-love-coffee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi TSRs! Basically, my whole life I have been on the career path for law. However, I started a Law degree and realised I really wasn't the career for me. I'm currently travelling, before going back to University in September to start an International Business Management degree course. I have a real interest in business, and would perhaps like to start my own, or after university, work for a multi-national country. However, my whole C.V. was tailored for a career in law so I have two questions;-

What type of work-experience should I try to get for a business CV? E.G. for a legal CV I needed lots of experience in solicitors firms etc. what type of stuff is expected for a business degree? Or what have you done ?

Secondly, I absolutely love London and think there's lots of opportunity there. I have an offer from Queen Mary to study Business Management. However, I also have offers from Manchester, Birmingham and Newcastle for International Business Management. My heart is in London and I enjoy life there, but in business is it super important to go to an amazing business school (i.e. Manchester?). Queen Mary is a good university but it's business course is relatively unknown. What do you think?

Any advice would be appreciated!!
i-love-coffee
Rep:
?
bump
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you mean by business? That's incredibly vague, what specific areas are you interested in? People don't just get a "business" job!
i-love-coffee
Rep:
?
(Original post by M1011)
What do you mean by business? That's incredibly vague, what specific areas are you interested in? People don't just get a "business" job!
Well I'm unsure at the moment... I know I'd like to work for a company that has offices in multi0durisdictions. I grew up in London, I currently live in Paris, and I'm doing my business degree in London with an exchange year at an Australian university. I think that helps my CV. But, I'm not bothered about which company I work for. I know I'd like to be part of a business strategy/management team.. where I help plan the future direction of the business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.16%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.38%
Not great so far... (252)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.72%

Watched Threads