Mo_Jo.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How should I revise? Should I sit and work for 3\4 hrs straight day or take breaks after every 30 mins or so??

What works best for you guys??
BeautifulBossx~x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Breaks! All the way! I can't revise without at least 15 minute breaks in between. But right now I'm feeling like I can't afford to take any breaks exams drawing closer I think I might have to pull some all nighters! But yeah I highly suggest taking at least 10-15min breaks in between or you'll risk forgetting everything you've revised as you have revised all in one sitting
Mo_Jo.
Rep:
?
What subjects are you taking???
BeautifulBossx~x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There all humanity based subjects. English Lan & English Lit, Gov&Politics, sociology and Law. You?
Mo_Jo.
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeautifulBossx~x)
There all humanity based subjects. English Lan & English Lit, Gov&Politics, sociology and Law. You?
Chem, physics, English lang, English Lit, Business studies, History and ICT

What are you predicted and have you started revising if yes when did you start:confused:
BeautifulBossx~x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm predicted A's in my English A in sociology and B's for politics and Law. Yeah sort of, for English Lit I tried revising last night but unfinished business got in the way of that. Anyway plan is to pull all nighters from tomorrow. Just gathered some notes to use tomorrow for my English Lit. What exactly are you predicted in your subjects?
Mo_Jo.
Rep:
?
I'm predicted A's in my English A in sociology and B's for politics and Law. Yeah sort of, for English Lit I tried revising last night but unfinished business got in the way of that. Anyway plan is to pull all nighters from tomorrow. Just gathered some notes to use tomorrow for my English Lit. What exactly are you predicted in your subjects?
My predicted grades aren't stellar, evidently my lack of revision 'probably' reflects that...
BeautifulBossx~x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wondered why you were doing so many subjects and then it hit me Lool its GCSE that your doing right?
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By notes do you mean things you've picked out and noticed from the text yourself? Or are these notes your teacher gives you?
Mo_Jo.
Rep:
?
I wondered why you were doing so many subjects and then it hit me Lool its GCSE that your doing right?
You doing A levels ah cool. What did you get for your GCSE'S
BeautifulBossx~x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish! Nah these are are old notes of mine done in between free classes. I just read through them added some new notes that's pretty much it.
LadyEcliptic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would do bits and bobs, about a month/2 before, but I have 3 exams (1 practical in May, 2 written in June, I'm in a gap year repeating) but now I'm in panic mode and usually revise 7-9 hours a day, no joke, I give 1 hour per topic, then ease off before exams. I take little breaks in between and have 4 hours to do nothing. Sounds harsh, but it's how I revise (best under pressure!)
BeautifulBossx~x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mo_Jo.)
You doing A levels ah cool. What did you get for your GCSE'S
Yeah :L I got 4A's 1A* 1B 3C's for my GCSE's. My bad I thought you were doing A Level
Mo_Jo.
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadyEcliptic)
I would do bits and bobs, about a month/2 before, but I have 3 exams (1 practical in May, 2 written in June, I'm in a gap year repeating) but now I'm in panic mode and usually revise 7-9 hours a day, no joke, I give 1 hour per topic, then ease off before exams. I take little breaks in between and have 4 hours to do nothing. Sounds harsh, but it's how I revise (best under pressure!)
Yh come exam time looks like I'll have to put in crazy hours (can't wait )
LadyEcliptic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mo_Jo.)
Yh come exam time looks like I'll have to put in crazy hours (can't wait )
Have you started any?
Last year I left everything to the last week before exams, worst decision of my life but it's harder to find the motivation to start earlier
Mo_Jo.
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadyEcliptic)
Have you started any?
Last year I left everything to the last week before exams, worst decision of my life but it's harder to find the motivation to start earlier
Believe me I can relate! I haven't revised properly just here and there. Going to start though, tomorrow
lucas13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
take short breaks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.35%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (28)
28.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (10)
10.2%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.2%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
26.53%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads