GCSE English literature The Crucible help

Watch
nabster458
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey, i was wondering if anyone , preferably someone who has completed their English literature gcse can give me advice on how to structure my essay for unit 1 (modern drama)- in a way that i achieve band 6. tell me how to structure my answer in order to get an A* , e.g. how to start each paragraph (introduction + main points + conclusions) , how many points should i consider using , what should i consider using in my analysis, how many PETA should i use (Point, evidence, technique, analysis) - in my school i am currently working at a band 5, so how can i level up my answer so that i can provide a high band 6 answer.
thanks
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
If you're already currently working at band 5,
then your main target now should be dealing with high levels of analysis and several interpretations in your answer
if you stray away from using the generic 'PETA,' this will get you better marks as you are doing something original
your intro should only be a few lines and don't include a conclusion as this will waste time (you don't get any marks for your intro/ conclusion)
Also, for the crucible, you don't need to go into the background or context of the play--> you don't get any marks for this. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't mention the context, but you should think about how it could related specifically to the quote you have chosen and your analysis.

To get to band 6, it's mainly about thinking of one point and evidence and picking out all the ways it could be interpreted. Make sure you link back to the question and don't start rambling. Be CONCISE and DETAILED.
Normally, when we see a long paragraph, we assume that it is detailed. But that's not always he case. Mostly the paragraph will be filled with long quotes, repetitive words or phrases like 'this is because'
If the paragraph has generic points that the teacher has said in class, it won't pick up a lot of marks. In the exam, if you think of a really clever idea, don't be afraid to use it, even if you haven't made notes on it.
Monkey-chicken
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone know the effect of hysteria on the characters and audience in the crucible???
ONM1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Monkey-chicken)
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone know the effect of hysteria on the characters and audience in the crucible???
Hysteria causes everyone to join! Like the girls do to Abi. Once everyone joins in, it makes it more believable as there are more accounts/evidence to take it. So manipulates society! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads