Mo_Jo.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The iGCSE (English Literature) I am doing requires the study of 'julius Caesar' , a anthology of poems called 'songs of ourselves' and a short story anthology called ' stories of oursleves'

I need some thorough notes regarding this... Anyone know any good websites which provide detailed notes?

Ps : Exam is in 1 month so I need all the help I can get as QUICKLY as possible!
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bump!
Amy. J S
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mo_Jo.)
The iGCSE (English Literature) I am doing requires the study of 'julius Caesar' , a anthology of poems called 'songs of ourselves' and a short story anthology called ' stories of oursleves'

I need some thorough notes regarding this... Anyone know any good websites which provide detailed notes?

Ps : Exam is in 1 month so I need all the help I can get as QUICKLY as possible!
Hi,
I had a search around the internet for you (fellow Igcse student too) and found a few things. I looked to Spark Notes and found a piece on Julius Caesar. If you haven't heard, Spark Notes is condensed notes on a piece of text and other material, further study questions and analysis- the further study questions are particularly helpful when trying to practice exam response. For your particular case there is also No Fear Shakespeare which basically translates Shakespearean to modern English- the website is pretty easy to find your way around. I'll link the website to Julius Caesar notes. And secondly I fount the Teacher's Notes for the Cambridge International Igcse Anthology: Songs Of Ourselves. The Stories of Ourselves is also used in the A Level syllabus, so I'm not sure what the correct wording would be, although a quick thorough search should bring some results.

Julius Caesar Link to Spark Notes: http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/juliuscaesar/

PDF Teachers Notes on Songs Of Ourselves: songs-of-ourselves-revision-notes.pdf

I hope you get the PDF file and good luck with your exams!

Amy
Amy. J S
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Amy. J S)
Hi,
I had a search around the internet for you (fellow Igcse student too) and found a few things. I looked to Spark Notes and found a piece on Julius Caesar. If you haven't heard, Spark Notes is condensed notes on a piece of text and other material, further study questions and analysis- the further study questions are particularly helpful when trying to practice exam response. For your particular case there is also No Fear Shakespeare which basically translates Shakespearean to modern English- the website is pretty easy to find your way around. I'll link the website to Julius Caesar notes. And secondly I fount the Teacher's Notes for the Cambridge International Igcse Anthology: Songs Of Ourselves. The Stories of Ourselves is also used in the A Level syllabus, so I'm not sure what the correct wording would be, although a quick thorough search should bring some results.

Julius Caesar Link to Spark Notes: http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/juliuscaesar/

Amy
I should probably also point you in the direction of another resource. If you wouldn't like anything specific, and just general help with the whole literary approach and mindset- i.e comparison, language association, a general understanding etc. ATeacherWrites.co.uk is fantastic for this. She is very helpful and posts down-to-earth pieces which a quite wonderful to read through: She has heaps of resources.

I just wanted to quickly let you know about her, too!
Mo_Jo.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I should probably also point you in the direction of another resource. If you wouldn't like anything specific, and just general help with the whole literary approach and mindset- i.e comparison, language association, a general understanding etc. ATeacherWrites.co.uk is fantastic for this. She is very helpful and posts down-to-earth pieces which a quite wonderful to read through: She has heaps of resources.

I just wanted to quickly let you know about her, too!

Wow Amy thank you so much!!!!

Mo_Jo.
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

Amy
Brilliant!

Thank yeww <3
Amy. J S
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mo_Jo.)
Wow Amy thank you so much!!!!

Mo_Jo.
Not a problem- really pleased I could help!
Amy. J S
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jalal Uddin)
Brilliant!

Thank yeww <3
Not a problem, that's alright!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads