The Student Room Group

False start

Hello, I left my first year of study after the first term, well at the beginning of the second term due to a serious illness (went to GP and Hospital so there should be a record of this somewhere). I then went on to study another course last year, for one academic year, which I did not like. I am now told I am not elegible for a student loan for my first year of a new course I'm starting in 2014. However, given that I had a serious incident happen to me in my first year of my first course, could I use that as a "false start" and that not count? What kind of evidence do I need to supply? I am no longer with the GP I went to when I first contracted the illness, so would a letter from my current GP be sufficient?

Thanks.
Hi there

As long as you can prove you left for compelling personal reason such as an illness we may be able to fully fund your course. We would require a letter from you detailing the circumstances and some evidence which proves this such as a letter from your GP or the hospital you attended. Rest assured an assessor will look at it based on your individual circumstances.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there

As long as you can prove you left for compelling personal reason such as an illness we may be able to fully fund your course. We would require a letter from you detailing the circumstances and some evidence which proves this such as a letter from your GP or the hospital you attended. Rest assured an assessor will look at it based on your individual circumstances.

Thanks

So it can be a letter from my current GP if they have access to my previous medical records?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending