poetry - "King Billy" by Edwin Morgan
Drama - "A Streetcar Named Desire"

JUST ANY PREDICTIONS / HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED MWAH
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Imo I think there will be something about a flawed character for drama, or something along the lines of changing emotions towards a character as these haven't came up in a while.

No point guessing though, you can only really practice essays and hope that the luck is in your favour.
Urgh, I despise how much of English is down to luck
khlo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Pennyarcade)
Imo I think there will be something about a flawed character for drama, or something along the lines of changing emotions towards a character as these haven't came up in a while.

No point guessing though, you can only really practice essays and hope that the luck is in your favour.
Urgh, I despise how much of English is down to luck rather than skill
Yeah a flawed character for drama or along those lines would be fab for streetcar Aw, i totally agree, its all down to luck :mad:
Y2J97
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by khlo)
Im doing prose - "The Great Gatsby"
poetry - "King Billy" by Edwin Morgan
Drama - "A Streetcar Named Desire"

JUST ANY PREDICTIONS / HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED MWAH
I'm studying the same texts as you, I have a different poem though. I'm hoping for a flawed character type question for Drama as my Blanche essays are my strengths! A setting or conflict question would be great for Prose!
Jodie1704
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope that a question on theme affecting character development comes up, that would be perfect for Hamlet. A question about two poems that have a different stance on a similar topic would be even better! I'm sure something like that came up a few years ago. (My class studied The Passionate Shepherd and The Nymph's Reply)
GeschichteJunge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doing Gatsby and The Crucible.
Hope there is something like a running theme like shallowness of the UC and for the Crucible something about how much changes in the play as a result of the climax

Posted from TSR Mobile
It'sTriggy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jodie1704)
I hope that a question on theme affecting character development comes up, that would be perfect for Hamlet. A question about two poems that have a different stance on a similar topic would be even better! I'm sure something like that came up a few years ago. (My class studied The Passionate Shepherd and The Nymph's Reply)
Could you expand on what you're focusing on for Hamlet. Just I'm doing it too and all I've really got is things about Hamlet's inner conflict and procrastination. Any help would be great thanks!
Jodie1704
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by It'sTriggy)
Could you expand on what you're focusing on for Hamlet. Just I'm doing it too and all I've really got is things about Hamlet's inner conflict and procrastination. Any help would be great thanks!
Mostly we're focusing on the theme of revenge and how that affects Hamlet's character development. My class have also touched on other aspects such as Hamlet's disillusionment with women, Hamlet's isolation and the theme of appearance and reality. If you'd like notes about any of those topics then feel free to message me and I'd be more than happy to send you some of mine!
greenladybird
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think it's really possible to predict the questions, which makes english a nightmare subject.
We're doing Gatsby, Streetcar named Desire and daffodils though I'm hoping prose and drama come up because I've never got above a 15 for daffodils :\
One of my friends has a tutor and she has told him that she believes that this year a Gatsby question won't come up because there's a 'pattern' to the type of questions or something, though I can't see it at all. I don't think this is likely to be true because to be honest I don't trust her judgement. She's told my friend the whole year how much she hates Gatsby so it's likely she's just not wanting him to do Gatsby in the exam, despite how easy it is to gain good marks.
So really, just make sure you can deal with possible questions and you know quotations/themes etc and you should do fine, theoretically
3 weeks today until the torture is over, yaaay
Pennyarcade
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by greenladybird)
One of my friends has a tutor and she has told him that she believes that this year a Gatsby question won't come up because there's a 'pattern' to the type of questions or something, though I can't see it at all. I don't think this is likely to be true because to be honest I don't trust her judgement. She's told my friend the whole year how much she hates Gatsby so it's likely she's just not wanting him to do Gatsby in the exam, despite how easy it is to gain good marks.
Lol, defo bull****. If you really know your arse from your elbow you can fit Gatsby to nearly every question

Posted from TSR Mobile
greenladybird
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pennyarcade)
Lol, defo bull****. If you really know your arse from your elbow you can fit Gatsby to nearly every question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly! My friend doesn't believe me and is adamant that this is going to be the case, he's barely looked at Gatsby because of this.
His tutor also told him Zelda died from alcohol poisoning and Fitzgerald committed suicide, and he still thinks this tutor is wonderful somehow.
samraf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there anyone that has looked at the old essay questions that could say what are some recurring questions? It might not be useful to predict the questions by looking for a pattern but it could help to know what are some questions that come up regularly and how often.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whilst predicting exam questions can be quite re-assuring, please don't take them as the truth . No-one knows what's going to come up in the exam, so don't shoot yourself in the foot and make sure you revise everything! . It doesn't matter how often or not something comes up, it CAN come up this summer if it's on the syllabus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads