The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
As their progress in Europe this season already dictates, they are the better of the three to cope with European football.

Villa not experienced enough, not a great attack to add to that, no real flair except for Angel
Liverpool a distinctly average team, with no real glimmer in the future of improvement and the ability to cope with CL football
Newcastle, solid defence, already proved ability to cope with a higher degree of european football!

We have Solano who links up well with Angel.
We are a solid team who has thus far proven we can beat the 'better' teams.

Newcastle haven't proven anything. A run against average teams to the semi-final of Europes secondary competition proves little.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
no glimmer of hope? thats slightly harsh and untrue? every team has hopes?
I can't see them changing their current form next season, unless they completely overhaul their squad, get rid of their donkeys upfront and get a new manager!
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
And whoever suggested that Van Bommel might go to Villa - he won't . If Villa get into the CL, I think they will struggle.
Van Bommel will come if we can stump up the cash (and providing a top three club doesn't come in for him).
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I can't see them changing their current form next season, unless they completely overhaul their squad, get rid of their donkeys upfront and get a new manager!
liverpool has got better players than newcastle imo all over the field...
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
We have Solano who links up well with Angel.
We are a solid team who has thus far proven we can beat the 'better' teams.

Newcastle haven't proven anything. A run against average teams to the semi-final of Europes secondary competition proves little.
Oh are you a Villa fan, could I just ask (this is a debate btw me and my dad btw) are Villa on the road to debt or are they well-off atm?
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
There's not much between Liverpool and Newcastle IMO.
I agree, but if you count Gerrard separately, Newcastle are a far better team, at least when they have all of their players fit. I can't believe they let Solano go. He may have had some conflict with Sir Bobby, but in my opinion football should come first and unless things are really getting serious, footballing reasons are the only ones to let a player go. Having said that, Darren Ambrose has been coming on really well in his last few matches.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
liverpool has got better players than newcastle imo all over the field...
In theory yes...however to me this season Newcastle have looked stronger, they perform well cosistently! Whereas Liverpool can be erratic in form (today is not a good example of this btw as they played very well, and deserved their win)!
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree, but if you count Gerrard separately, Newcastle are a far better team, at least when they have all of their players fit. I can't believe they let Solano go. He may have had some conflict with Sir Bobby, but in my opinion football should come first and unless things are really getting serious, footballing reasons are the only ones to let a player go. Having said that, Darren Ambrose has been coming on really well in his last few matches.
The Newcastle team has in the main been piss poor at St. James' this season.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dudek, Carragher, Henchoz ,Hyypia, Riise, Murphy, Hamann, Gerrard, Smicer,Finnan,Kewell, Owen, Baros, heskey
...etc

there are many worldclass players there
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dudek, Carragher, Henchoz ,Hyypia, Riise, Murphy, Hamann, Gerrard, Smicer,Finnan,Kewell, Owen, Baros, heskey
...etc

Hesky *giggles*
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
The UEFA cup is not the CL.
You can say that again. But IMO, the UEFA cup is not like the domestic leagues of hme, and to play well in the UEFA cup, is more like playing well in the CL than the english cups...We all know thatsome sides play better in European comps for some strange reason...compared to that of their own domestic cups
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Hesky *giggles*
ok he isnt great - just copied and pasted it from a list, but many of the others are excellent
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Oh are you a Villa fan, could I just ask (this is a debate btw me and my dad btw) are Villa on the road to debt or are they well-off atm?
They are well-balanced. We are one of the most well-off teams in the prem (outside the top five), mainly because Doug refuses to spend unless the profit has been made.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...etc

Yes they are, but none have really prospered under Houllier, with the exception of Gerrard. If you were going to make a team out of Newcastle and Liverpool players based on performance this season, you'd only pick Gerrard ahead of Speed or Jenas and Hyppia ahead of O'Brien or Bramble, and that's only because neither of those two defenders are very good.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok he isnt great - just copied and pasted it from a list, but many of the others are excellent
Owen...gerrard..I wouldn't count any more as excellent.

Then again, hardly any Newcastle players I would count as excellent either.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...etc

Yeah...who don't do the job! See why i said in theory Liverpool are better than newcastle in my earlier post!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Owen...gerrard..I wouldn't count any more as excellent.

Then again, hardly any Newcastle players I would count as excellent either.
gerrard not excellent\? :confused:
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...etc

No, No, No, maybe, maybe, maybe, myabe, yes, no, no, maybe, maybe, maybe, No.

The Liverpool team is one that I don't particularly fear.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Yeah...who don't do the job! See why i said in theory Liverpool are better than newcastle in my earlier post!
a change of management and get the team back into shape would change it all round
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
They are well-balanced. We are one of the most well-off teams in the prem (outside the top five), mainly because Doug refuses to spend unless the profit has been made.
Exactly what my dad said..so i lost!

oh well!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.74%
Labour (543)
51.67%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.42%
Green Party (58)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)