The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mourinho not happy with fixtures again this season - claims its fixed for arsenal
read it in some paper but i think its on some DVD
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Mikey = the new Horrorboy? :eek:
I used this sonic avatar, for ages, a good 6 months before he eva used a sonic avatar! =\

(Original post by fernando)
mourinho not happy with fixtures again this season - claims its fixed for arsenal
Really? :eek:

Seems strange, Chelsea's Fixtures aint bad I thort!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I used this sonic avatar, for ages, a good 6 months before he eva used a sonic avatar! =\
Hee hee hee :rofl:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fixtures are tight every year for most teams and if Jose is complaining he is right to do so.
Our friendly matches are within a few days of each other next month. I know they are only friendly matches but with the first game proper 2 weeks into Aug it doesn't really allow too much resting time.

July
F. 13 Wycombe Wanderers Away 19:45
F. 17 Benfica Away 20:00
F. 24 Milan Away -
F. 29 DC United Away 20:00
F. 31 Milan Home -

August
PREM. 13 Wigan Athletic Away 15:00
PREM. 20 Arsenal Home 15:00
PREM. 24 West Brom Home 19:45
PREM. 27 Tottenham Hotspur Away 15:00

fernando
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
one of the things he mentioned is that after most european games chelsea are away whereas arsenal's are at highbury
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Fixtures are tight every year for most teams and if Jose is complaining he is right to do so.
Our friendly matches are within a few days of each other next month. I know they are only friendly matches but with the first game proper 2 weeks into Aug it doesn't really allow too much resting time.

July
F. 13 Wycombe Wanderers Away 19:45
F. 17 Benfica Away 20:00
F. 24 Milan Away -
F. 29 DC United Away 20:00
F. 31 Milan Home -

August
PREM. 13 Wigan Athletic Away 15:00
PREM. 20 Arsenal Home 15:00
PREM. 24 West Brom Home 19:45
PREM. 27 Tottenham Hotspur Away 15:00

Wait, why is he right to complain?
As you said, they are tight for everyone.

Also, the first proper game is always 2 weeks into August and Chelsea get to choose the dates of their friendly games.

one of the things he mentioned is that after most european games chelsea are away whereas arsenal's are at highbury
Suppose that's kinda a valid point!
But I suspect this is jus mind games, dig at Arsenal, rather than really caring.

Also not sure on the validatity of these comments... lemme have a looksy.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
'Tis all swings and roundabouts. Before most of the Euorpean games we play at home and they play away.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'll get the paper soon and type what he said
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wait, why is he right to complain?
As you said, they are tight for everyone.

Also, the first proper game is always 2 weeks into August and Chelsea get to choose the dates of their friendly games.
I feel the FA needs to sort things out for everyone and maybe extend the season to allow better dates and more time for teams to rest players.

Last year was a farce with Chelsea playing on a Saturday and then having a CL match on the Tuesday. In one week they had a match on the Sunday and then played on the Tuesday. :eek:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I feel the FA needs to sort things out for everyone and maybe extend the season to allow better dates and more time for teams to rest players.

Last year was a farce with Chelsea playing on a Saturday and then having a CL match on the Tuesday. In one week they had a match on the Sunday and then played on the Tuesday. :eek:
the sunday/tuesday games were only due to newcastle playing on thursday - but even so at least one teams chances of winning are decreased in those tournaments. Also it was an FA cup game so i suppose its harder to rearrange them
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the sunday/tuesday games were only due to newcastle playing on thursday - but even so at least one teams chances of winning are decreased in those tournaments. Also it was an FA cup game so i suppose its harder to rearrange them

Forward planning and sensible thinking should sort it out. They just need to be more organised. :rolleyes:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cindicini)
'Tis all swings and roundabouts. Before most of the Euorpean games we play at home and they play away.
Lol, yea!

Yea but really its still a good 48 hours rest!
I think that's plenty! I cud play a match and be ready for anotha 10 minutes later! :cool:

Nah, ya can't extend the season! It's already long enough... they'd be no time to rest for the World Cup! It wud seriously disadvantage us in international tournaments! The players start pre season quite early aswell, they need to have quite a long break to chill out.
Liverpool, pour exemple, probably started their pre season couple of weeks back! :eek:

...What's this about Rush coming out of retirement to play against TNS?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol, yea!

Yea but really its still a good 48 hours rest!
I think that's plenty! I cud play a match and be ready for anotha 10 minutes later! :cool:

Nah, ya can't extend the season! It's already long enough... they'd be no time to rest for the World Cup! It wud seriously disadvantage us in international tournaments! The players start pre season quite early aswell, they need to have quite a long break to chill out.
Liverpool, pour exemple, probably started their pre season couple of weeks back! :eek:

ROFL!! Week after week!!!

Not heard about the Rush thing.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i thought it was for TNS
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4622485.stm

heres what mourinho said
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4623661.stm
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
portuguese player dies while on his hols
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4624001.stm
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i thought it was for TNS

heres what mourinho said
http://<b>http://news.bbc.co.uk/spor...623661.stm</b>
Didn't want to mention that we had lost to the Magpies.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oo00oo latics home to chelski first game of season. should be fun.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
i thought it was for TNS
Ooo, seen! Yea that makes more sense! lol

heres what mourinho said
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4623661.stm
Seen, yea, I suppose that mite be a tad annoying, but as Cindy sed it wud be a home fixture the match be4!

ROFL!! Week after week!!!
Sure, no problem!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Definately looking forward to the season starting, sport of late is boring.
Personally can't wait for the tennis to finish cos it's boring now and want Neighbours back on, the Lions just don't do it for me anymore.

Edit:

Orignally posted by Mikey
sure no problem
Mmmmmnn.... :rolleyes: LOL
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Definately looking forward to the season starting, sport of late is boring.
Personally can't wait for the tennis to finish cos it's boring now and want Neighbours back on, the Lions just don't do it for me anymore.

Edit:

Mmmmmnn.... :rolleyes: LOL

tennis isnt too bad - fills some of the void and now i suppose im supporting federer as i think hes half british (and half swiss) but also he does play some good tennis
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads