The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
If he did leave, which he won't, I don't think he'd go to Chel$ki. If he does love the club as much as he says, it'll be hard enough for him to leave, let alone be made to play against Liverpool at least twice a season.
I reckon if he did leave, which he won't, he'd join Real's English contingent. Although, i did read that they wouldn't be willing to pay £4m wages, which is only slightly more than he gets now, i think, and wouldn't be willing to pay more than £13.5m, the idiots. Don't know how reliable these figures are tho.
But it's all irrelevant, cos he ain't leavin'
the £13,5m thing is blatently fake!

We just turned down the £32m bid from chelsea, so its looking good that we will get more then that for him.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
the £13,5m thing is blatently fake!

We just turned down the £32m bid from chelsea, so its looking good that we will get more then that for him.
lets hope he doesnt leave on a free then if no one bids higher

Also Chelsea and Real have "agreed" to stop bidding wars as it only pushes the value of players higher when on the market
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
i thought rooney wasn't going to leave "once a blue always a blue"
That's different tho. Rooney left at the first opportunity he got. Gerrard was all set to leave last summer for the money and the glory, i think more the glory. I don't blame him for wanting to win trophies. But then he stayed, despite earning less money and having a smaller chance to win trophies. I don't think Rooney ever intended to stay at Everton in the long term.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
lets hope he doesnt leave on a free then if no one bids higher
Indeed

(Original post by fernando)
Also Chelsea and Real have "agreed" to stop bidding wars as it only pushes the value of players higher when on the market
Wow! How does that work? They'd have to decide beforehand who gets which players
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
13.5m is closer to what he's worth than 32m, thats a ridiculous figure! And I personally believe if Gerrard left Liverpool they would still hold their own they are not a one man side....and NDAGGRONI (sp) don't come back with what you would think to be a witty original comment about Arsenal being a one man side with Henry!!...and don't say "you said it not me!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
and NDAGGRONI (sp) don't come back with what you would think to be a witty original comment about Arsenal being a one man side with Henry!!...and don't say "you said it not me!!
I wasn't going to mention Arsenal actusally. :rolleyes:
Seabiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Once a Blue - Always a Blue? A few Everton fans blame his agent, Stretford for the whole transfer fiasco influencing poor Rooneys mind and so on because moving to Man Utd was his big pay day. Its a credit to Everton that they got into the Champions League without him anyway!

Gerrard has had the team built around him at Liverpool for the past few years - they'll struggle to adapt to him leaving but with a few sound purchases and a change of style, Rafa would sort the team out and they'll be a very different side from before.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Woah! Too much money there...but there always is with Chelsea bids
I'm not complaining after buying Carlo Cudicini for £800,000.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
Gerrard has had the team built around him at Liverpool for the past few years - they'll struggle to adapt to him leaving but with a few sound purchases and a change of style, Rafa would sort the team out and they'll be a very different side from before.
Yeah, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be a massive blow. I'd prefer to keep Gerrard than use the £32m-£40m to buy a few players who aren't as good.
Seabiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I'm not complaining after buying Carlo Cudicini for £800,000.
Bargain of the century mate! :eek:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea and Real have not agreed. Real president said it today in an interview.
Sacchi also rubbished rumours that Real and Chelsea had a deal aimed at keeping the price down for Gerrard.

He said: "We have no agreement with Chelsea. How could we when our clubs are always interested in the same players?"
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
13.5m is closer to what he's worth than 32m, thats a ridiculous figure! And I personally believe if Gerrard left Liverpool they would still hold their own they are not a one man side....and NDAGGRONI (sp) don't come back with what you would think to be a witty original comment about Arsenal being a one man side with Henry!!...and don't say "you said it not me!!
Essien worth over 26m?

Ferdinand worth £30m?

£32m is an underestimate.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
Bargain of the century mate! :eek:
A quality buy, it's certainly up there with the best bargains in recent times.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Essien worth over 26m?

Ferdinand worth £30m?

You can never compare prices these days for many reasons.

Tim Cahill, Carlo Cudicini, Eidur Gudjohnsen all didn't cost too much. Then you have Didier Drogba and Rio Ferdinand being rather costy and all the ones in between like Arjen Robben and Joe Cole.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Essien worth over 26m?

Ferdinand worth £30m?

Liverpool might hold out for £40m.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can never compare prices these days for many reasons.

Tim Cahill, Carlo Cudicini, Eidur Gudjohnsen all didn't cost too much. Then you have Didier Drogba and Rio Ferdinand being rather costy and all the ones in between like Arjen Robben and Joe Cole.
Basically when chelsea are involved you cant compare prices, because they pay however much htey can to get who they want.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Basically when chelsea are involved you cant compare prices, because they pay however much htey can to get who they want.
Not just Chelsea but anybody in the same financial power, also if the selling club is in debt that might have to be considered too. If Chelsea could have anybody they wanted we'd have Andriy Shevchenko by now.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not just Chelsea but anybody in the same financial power, also if the selling club is in debt that might have to be considered too. If Chelsea could have anybody they wanted we'd have Andriy Shevchenko by now.
Who has the same financial power as Chelsea? :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Who has the same financial power as Chelsea? :confused:
AC Milan and Real Madrid probably.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah but Sheva has a brain big enough to reject a club who ruin football. Same with Adriano.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.17%
Labour (444)
50.98%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.43%
Green Party (49)
5.63%
Brexit Party (13)
1.49%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.72%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.03%
Other (7)
0.8%
None (31)
3.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise