The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
probably because you haven't actually played football!
My my.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
EXCUSE YOU! I spent the best part of younger years playing football with my mates...I played for my school team as well before I gave up! Are you purposedly trying to offend me? :rolleyes:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This thread has just passed the 2500 post mark btw!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
a striker's only aim in the game is to score imo supply should be given by midfield
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
EXCUSE YOU! I spent the best part of younger years playing football with my mates...I played for my school team as well before I gave up! Are you purposedly trying to offend me? :rolleyes:
Yes

But seriously, a strikers role is very difficult, it relies alot on being able to read the game very well - fantastic accuracy/shooting ablity, skills to turns defenders - make space in crowed areas etc.

What does Henry do? Runs past slow defences, (good timed runs) from an excellent pass from Pires or similar and slots the ball past the keep - hardly difficult.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Yes

But seriously, a strikers role is very difficult, it relies alot on being able to read the game very well - fantastic accuracy/shooting ablity, skills to turns defenders - make space in crowed areas etc.

What does Henry do? Runs past slow defences, (good timed runs) from an excellent pass from Pires or similar and slots the ball past the keep - hardly difficult.
That's all he does is it? Yes, if you take away all of his goal assists, sometimes when he comes back to defend, his runs from the arsenal half to the oppositions (past slow defenders, I don't think so), his wonder strikes...
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
That's all he does is it? Yes, if you take away all of his goal assists, sometimes when he comes back to defend, his runs from the arsenal half to the oppositions (past slow defenders, I don't think so), his wonder strikes...
Yep, what a failure of a player.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
That's a very sad and ignorant view in which you think that girls can't and don't play football.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Yes

Sorry but as I said in an earlier post, I don't believe a strikers role to be more skillful than that of a striker, as a foward does a hell of alot more work than a striker! Don't knock what Thierry Henry does, as he is truely magnificent on the ball, skill, pace, flair the whole works. He is by far the best player the premiership atm! And I find it hard to comprehend that I'm here at 1 o'clock in the morning debating something which seems to be more than opinion to me but fact!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Yep, what a failure of a player.
I'd bet any team would love to have that failure in their team any day!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
That's a very sad and ignorant view in which you think that girls can't and don't play football.
That or an accurate observation.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Sorry but as I said in an earlier post, I don't believe a strikers role to be more skillful than that of a striker, as a foward does a hell of alot more work than a striker! Don't knock what Thierry Henry does, as he is truely magnificent on the ball, skill, pace, flair the whole works. He is by far the best player the premiership atm! And I find it hard to comprehend that I'm here at 1 o'clock in the morning debating something which seems to be more than opinion to me but fact!
lol, no I agree Henry is an amazing player. However, I think you shouldn't knock strikers, they are just as skilled in their role than forwards - its just very different.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
That or an accurate observation.
And where'd that observation come from? A couple of girly girls who haven' a clue about football or aren't interested in playing football doesn't represent every girl!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yeah that was an extremely ignorant view wasn't it! Both me and Xenon (if I remember from a previous post) played football! I know you were joking but it was views like yours which make many good girl players give up early!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
And where'd that observation come from? A couple of girly girls who haven' a clue about football or aren't interested in playing football doesn't represent every girl!
No, but he could watch the women's football championships on Eurosport.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
lol, no I agree Henry is an amazing player. However, I think you shouldn't knock strikers, they are just as skilled in their role than forwards - its just very different.
Well thats your opinion! In my view strikers are not as skillful football players as fowards, and I'm going to stick by that opinion. However I'm not saying that strikers do not play an important role in a team!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
out of interests are women allowed to play in the premiership?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Yes. The Women's Premiership.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
I don't know, i don't think so though...however I'm the first to admitt there are no English women players good enough toplay in the premiership.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Yes. The Women's Premiership.
and they arent allowed to play in the main one?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (294)
46.23%
No (74)
11.64%
I'm not old enough (268)
42.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed