This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
so thats the answer!!
You keep adding in your own words into my quotes...

do you think that these youngsters are actually going to make a big impact. i think chelsea may release them after a while.
I haven't seen anything on the youth academy to the extent which I would like (though that may change if I go to university in London). I feel that whilst all of them won't make the big impact, proportionally more should make an impact than youth academies of many years ago.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
You keep adding in your own words into my quotes...

I haven't seen anything on the youth academy to the extent which I would like (though that may change if I go to university in London). I feel that whilst all of them won't make the big impact, proportionally more should make an impact than youth academies of many years ago.

ive watched united youth play and pique seems pretty good.
i think you have to work with over a long period of time, and not let them go- like scholesy, butt, becks etc.

neway enjoy-im going 2 play footie! :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ive watched united youth play and pique seems pretty good.
i think you have to work with over a long period of time, and not let them go- like scholesy, butt, becks etc.
But it's not like Chelsea can't afford to keep them all any longer is it?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
But it's not like Chelsea can't afford to keep them all any longer is it?

laters
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

laters
You're still online. Go and play football before it gets dark.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Figo signs a 1 year deal 'rumour' link

http://www.squarefootball.net/articl...f.asp?iid=1100
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
Figo signs a 1 year deal 'rumour' link

http://www.squarefootball.net/articl...f.asp?iid=1100
i cant see him playing at liverpool. i think hes more of a bolton player- wot with all the other pensioners.
did ne1 watch the luis figo allstars vs mcdonalds game?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Screw Qatar lets all go to Bolton fellow has beens
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I think it should be a law that all english people have to support England! :cool:

How can you not love them!?! :eek:

Just bought 3 more England shirts yesterday in preparation for the world cup! :cool:
Although I love football and will watch any game (minus womens football) despite what league, competition or country I agree with sb1986. I only support my beloved one and only Arsenal and not really England! The reasons are two fold, I don’t consider myself English, and secondly I find it hard to support a team which consist on the majority of players I despise from August to May, each and every year!! In my eyes its hypocritical, and I ain’t a hypocritic!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I don't think we'll get SWP tho
Who do we get with the money from Gerrard?
Pablo Aimar has to be a favourite
Your definitely not going to get SWP, he's dad (and my future husband) has said on quite a few occasions that he has advised him if he makes a move, to let it be to Chelsea... this is even over Arsenal so Liv aint got a cat in hells chance
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Your definitely not going to get SWP, he's dad (and my future husband) has said on quite a few occasions that he has advised him if he makes a move, to let it be to Chelsea... this is even over Arsenal so Liv aint got a cat in hells chance

His dad used to play for arsenal and he and his family are liverpool fans.....it would be stupid to advise his son to go and sit on the bench for chelsea.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
His dad used to play for arsenal and he and his family are liverpool fans.....it would be stupid to advise his son to go and sit on the bench for chelsea.
Well he has on numerous occasions, don't test me on wright, I could write he's autobiography!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok and finally on the whole Gerrard debarcle!

Yes he is a t-w-a-t, an even bigger t-w-a-t if he moves to Real or Chelsea, to warm the bench as at both these teams he is not good enough to be a regular first team player. I have no idea why he's moving as last season when questioned he blamed he's desire to move on not winning enough trophies...'pool win the CL and he still wants to go...well if I was a 'pool fan i'd stick up two finger at him...like I've done to Reyes and Ashley Cole to an extent. Players just have to understand they are not bigger than the club especially a club like Liverpool. Established big name clubs like 'Pool can and will go on without players that think they are the team, and probably to bigger and better things...Everton being my great shining example!!

On a nicer note to old Stevie G, if he makes a move to Utd, then I think he would fit in well, as the way he plays suits the style of Utd play, and would recieve regular 1st team football! The below is not as stupid as it sounds

(Original post by YourSideView)
Gerrard to replace Roy Keane?

ha i wish!
And if he joined Arsenal (which I don't think he would) he would fit in quite nicely also. So if he's wise and doesn't just settle for the obvious he could achieve the obscuere (sp) dreams that he has!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sad fact is, as much as i admire stevie as a good, even great, footballer I think he's handled this situation badly. If he leaves, so be it, but it hardly seems like it'll be for 'career development' as they call it, he's just after more money. (no doubt his agent is too, especially if they sell for the kind of amounts people have been rumouring about!)
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gerrard would get a regular spot at Chelsea or Real, it's daft not to think so. Mourinho has kept a spot waiting for him by having Tiago or Jarosik alongside Makelele & Lampard and being prepared to sell Parker. He would also add a huge dimension to Real, who the hell would keep him out - Gravesen?! He would also add a huge amount to Man United, of course he would because he is a brilliant player and would add to nearly all teams in Europe. He is one of very few players capable of replacing Roy Keane. But, as I've said, the lad and his family would be totally hated in Liverpool. Gerrard would be totally loathed by his own people (he will be to an extent now anyway) if he ever contemplated joining Man United. Not even Stevie Me would go that far.

He will join Chelsea anyway. Chelsea, Gerrard and SFX have orchestrated this for the past 12 months, our champions league win simply got in the way and delayed the inevitible. While SFX (and the Chelsea influenced press) have made Liverpool out to be the bad guys we've turned it on its head and Gerrard will leave Liverpool, not as a legend but as a money grabbing mercenary. Good ridance.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd laugh if gerrard played against TNS soon, which would then cup tie him (if thats what you call it) for playing in the champions league for anyone else!!! :p: (i know its unlikely, but its still possible) Especially if he moved to chelsea! :p: hehe
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
But, as I've said, the lad and his family would be totally hated in Liverpool. Gerrard would be totally loathed by his own people (he will be to an extent now anyway) if he ever contemplated joining Man United. Not even Stevie Me would go that far.
I forgot to add this! He would be lynched if he moved to Utd. I also agree that he will in all liklihood move to Chelsea, but I still stick to my guns he will not be a definite 1st team player there.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I forgot to add this! He would be lynched if he moved to Utd. I also agree that he will in all liklihood move to Chelsea, but I still stick to my guns he will not be a definite 1st team player there.
Who will keep him out? It's scandalous to think Chelsea would go through all this effort in the last year to buy the one "beyond money" player in the country and play Tiago, Jarosik or Joe Cole ahead of him.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
I'd laugh if gerrard played against TNS soon, which would then cup tie him (if thats what you call it) for playing in the champions league for anyone else!!! :p: (i know its unlikely, but its still possible) Especially if he moved to chelsea! :p: hehe
we would never do such a stupid thing, it would reduce his price dramatically
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The likes of Joe Cole who is constantly fighting for he's position is not just going to be dropped like that for Gerrad there will be a lot of swapping around, and he will not have a guranteed first team position like he does at 'Pool
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads