The Student Room Group
Reply 21040
liverpoolfc.tv
Gerrard spoke to his manager this morning and offered to give up the captaincy in the wake of this week's transfer saga.

But Benitez, after speaking with several members of his first team squad, is adamant Gerrard remains the right man to lead the Reds next season.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.tv in an exclusive interview at Melwood, Benitez said: "Steven is our captain and I want him to stay as our captain.

"It is true that he offered to give up the captaincy but I spoke to some players and our idea was the same - that Stevie should be our captain."

This pretty much redeems him in my eyes. He's not going anywhere.

Source
woah - the FA want there to be a british team for the olympics
Reply 21042
fernando

would be more or less the england team :cool:
Jump

with James Mcfadden in aswell :biggrin:
Jump

mostly - could be a ruling though for certain number from each country
Reply 21045
fernando
mostly - could be a ruling though for certain number from each country

True, but that would be for the squad rather than the actual first XI. I was thinking it would be great for the likes of Giggs - but he'll be in his late 30s by then!
fernando

Woh coolio! =o
Reply 21047
Well if you based it on the current 4 teams it would pretty much be all england except for probably duff on the left instead of joe cole.
Reply 21048
vjman645
Well if you based it on the current 4 teams it would pretty much be all england except for probably duff on the left instead of joe cole.

Republic of Ireland enter separately into the Olympics. Being a different country and all.
Reply 21049
fernando

coooooooolio!!!!! Wonder who will be in it!

Nice one Gerrard :cool:
I read something about the British olympic team awhile ago. But the Scots weren't playing ball because they were worried that there would be no Scottish players in the team. V embarrassing :redface:
Reply 21051
El Pollo Diablo
Republic of Ireland enter separately into the Olympics. Being a different country and all.

In that case then it would pretty much be all the england team. I dont see anyone else from the other teams realistically getting in.
vjman645
In that case then it would pretty much be all the england team. I dont see anyone else from the other teams realistically getting in.

Well, i think it's for 2012. The national teams will all be drastically changed by then
also depends on clubs involvement because the olympics over lap the premier league
jamlan
I read something about the British olympic team awhile ago. But the Scots weren't playing ball because they were worried that there would be no Scottish players in the team. V embarrassing :redface:

With good reason, no good players. how can you put any scottish player in an all british 11 with the england, wales and ireland players available?
The Colonel
With good reason, no good players. how can you put any scottish player in an all british 11 with the england, wales and ireland players available?

wots wrong with darren fletcher?
darth_vader05
wots wrong with darren fletcher?

HAHAHA
The Colonel

Irish players wouldn't be available :rolleyes:

You really need another good striker tho imo! As Crespo is unproven in the Prem! Despite his good season wid Milan.

Latest