The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
IMO if we were to have a British Olympics team, and most players were unavailable due to Premiership/cub commitments, then why not just send out a youth/ under 21s team (albeit a weak one)? They'd benefit from the experience.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
IMO if we were to have a British Olympics team, and most players were unavailable due to Premiership/cub commitments, then why not just send out a youth/ under 21s team (albeit a weak one)? They'd benefit from the experience.
In Olympic footie can't they only have 2 players above 23 anyway?
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
In Olympic footie can't they only have 2 players above 23 anyway?
i thought about some of that stuff too

a) because theres no amateur footy - players will have to be youth or be from championship or lower leagues
b) olympics overlap premiership start
c) olympics same year as European Championship - players wont get a break

this would be a great opportunity for youth players to make a name for themselves though
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
this would be a great opportunity for youth players to make a name for themselves though
Yeah. Then they could field Scottish players even if in 2012 they're not as good as the English, cos it's just to give them a chance in a big (ish) game. Who would manage the team tho?

(At last i can post here again!)
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i thought about some of that stuff too

a) because theres no amateur footy - players will have to be youth or be from championship or lower leagues
b) olympics overlap premiership start
c) olympics same year as European Championship - players wont get a break

so true, euro 2012 would get in the way.

The ones that dont make the main squad could go to the olympics along with Scots, Welsh, NI (If they dont make EURO)

I'm sure they would be capable of winning!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Who would manage the team tho?
Beckham!! Deffo!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah. Then they could field Scottish players even if in 2012 they're not as good as the English, cos it's just to give them a chance in a big (ish) game. Who would manage the team tho?

Sir Clive Woodward?!!! hehe :p:
loving the avatar btw jamlan. he sure has been a funny one to say the least! I blame his agent.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
Beckham!! Deffo!
LMAO! He can't even manage himself!

Should be one of us! Fo sure! :cool:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
loving the avatar btw jamlan.
Thanks. I'll keep it that way for awhile longer, i think. No i won't. Yes i will... Sorry, i'm just continuing the theme of the last couple of days. :rolleyes:
(Original post by rmyl)
he sure has been a funny one to say the least! I blame his agent.
So do i. Steve "Viera" Gerrard was being manipulated for the benefit of SFX.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LMAO! He can't even manage himself!

Should be one of us! Fo sure! :cool:
:rofl: yeh maybe not.

haha yeh man, us lot would win gold fo sho! :cool:
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you know, we should so have our own TSR premiership league in time for the coming season. each person would get assigned a team, randomly, and then we could make up someway of how you'd win a match or something. i donno, thought of the idea initially, now it seems to complicated for me to think any further :s: wow that dug a hole

(honestly, i think i've gone mad :p: )
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
you know, we should so have our own TSR premiership league in time for the coming season. each person would get assigned a team, randomly, and then we could make up someway of how you'd win a match or something. i donno, thought of the idea initially, now it seems to complicated for me to think any further :s: wow that dug a hole

(honestly, i think i've gone mad :p: )
We've got the predictions thingy done by Cindy, thats good enough! Everyone can play that, doesnt limit it to only 20 peeps
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
We've got the predictions thingy done by Cindy, thats good enough! Everyone can play that, doesnt limit it to only 20 peeps
true true. i know, i was just dreaming up something that just came into my head, i forgot that the predictions thing is like that effectively, not that i forgot about the predictions thing obviously though :p: as it is the greatest xxx
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
Like this from last season (I'd forgotten about it till just then)? http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=30891
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

tell me about it - got a bit worried earlier
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
wots wrong with darren fletcher?
I could write a book!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This from the Football365 mailbox. I agree and the last bit made me laugh!

"I think it's significant that on both occasions when Steven Gerrard has changed his mind about staying at Liverpool it has followed conversations directly between Steven and Rick Parry with no agent involved. Agents will always look to move their clients on as long as they stand to receive a cut of any fee - talk directly to the player and a different story emerges.

Either that or Rick Parry has powers we know nothing about (look into my eyes, not around the eyes, directly into the eyes)
Peter Seddon"
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
This from the Football365 mailbox. I agree and the last bit made me laugh!

"I think it's significant that on both occasions when Steven Gerrard has changed his mind about staying at Liverpool it has followed conversations directly between Steven and Rick Parry with no agent involved. Agents will always look to move their clients on as long as they stand to receive a cut of any fee - talk directly to the player and a different story emerges.

Either that or Rick Parry has powers we know nothing about (look into my eyes, not around the eyes, directly into the eyes)
Peter Seddon"
Hehehe =)
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kuz)
I could write a book!
Don't diss the Fletch! He's quality!! :cool:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't diss the Fletch! He's quality!! :cool:
Bias!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)