The Student Room Group
kpg
He scored 10 league goals in 18 games (13 starts). It was Ranieri's fault for not playing him regularly enough.

Exactly.
NDGAARONDI
I disagree. It has to be Eidur Gudjohnsen! :biggrin:

Yea he's quality, see him as more of a forward tho!
There's a reason why Ranieri doesn't play him though. =|
sb1986
lol...i bet figo is a liverpool player this time tomorrow. rafa wants him man...its slightly annoying. Although he is good.

EDIT: Pleased about zenden. Wouldnt mind seeing Dudek leave to raise some funds...also baros said he could still leave.

How much u expecting Dudek to go for if you want to raise funds off his transfer fee ?
mc_watson87
Yea he's quality, see him as more of a forward tho!

That's because Mourinho has changed his role whilst trying to adapt to new signings into the squad no doubt. Gudjohnsen makes a decent forwrad playing just in front of the midfield. His 12 Premiership goals and all-round contribution (assists etc) I'm happy with. :biggrin:
TheWolf
There's a reason why Ranieri doesn't play him though. =|

Which was what exactly?
Reply 21126
NDGAARONDI
I disagree. It has to be Eidur Gudjohnsen! :biggrin:

who the central midfielder
sb1986
who the central midfielder

Huh? Eidur Gudjohsen is a striker usually.
Probably that he's not good enough. Next problem, how's Drogba gonna fit into all of this. Drogba and Crespo are both out and out strikers. They cannot partner.
Reply 21129
TheWolf
Probably that he's not good enough. Next problem, how's Drogba gonna fit into all of this. Drogba and Crespo are both out and out strikers. They cannot partner.

You never know...
TheWolf

Crespo and Gudjohsen could but then we're 4-3-3 aren't we? :wink:

Crespo was good enough, just not under Ranieri. :smile:
Reply 21131
NDGAARONDI
Crespo and Gudjohsen could but then we're 4-3-3 aren't we? :wink:

Crespo was good enough, just not under Ranieri. :smile:

His record wasn't bad under Ranieri.
NDGAARONDI
That's because Mourinho has changed his role whilst trying to adapt to new signings into the squad no doubt. Gudjohnsen makes a decent forwrad playing just in front of the midfield. His 12 Premiership goals and all-round contribution (assists etc) I'm happy with. :biggrin:

Indeed, that's what i meant :smile:
Jump
You never know...

We've seen some different ideas successfully worked from managers and this may be no different.
Jump
His record wasn't bad under Ranieri.

But what I mean to say is that it could have been better under say Mourinho. We'll soon find out though. I'm surprised to see Crespo being described as a Premiership flop by the media when I've seen strikers with worse records not getting as much stick as Crespo.
Reply 21135
NDGAARONDI
Huh? Eidur Gudjohsen is a striker usually.

lol, i know its just a few times i swear i saw him playing CM
sb1986
lol, i know its just a few times i swear i saw him playing CM

He has indeed. :smile:
Reply 21138
NDGAARONDI
But what I mean to say is that it could have been better under say Mourinho. We'll soon find out though. I'm surprised to see Crespo being described as a Premiership flop by the media when I've seen strikers with worse records not getting as much stick as Crespo.

I agree. Personally felt he did okay and it was clear he was a top quality player - that goal vs Arsenal (I think) was just superb.
Reply 21139

Only just noticed the :rolleyes: ...was gunna say!

Latest