The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
and they arent allowed to play in the main one?
I'm pretty sure that they aren't.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I don't know, i don't think so though...however I'm the first to admitt there are no English women players good enough toplay in the premiership.
Wouldn't be too sure. I think Yankey is pretty good (i;m not sure whether i;m jokin)
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Wouldn't be too sure. I think Yankey is pretty good (i;m not sure whether i;m jokin)
You're joking. You just think she's pretty.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I hope you are joking!

as shes in no way good enough to play for a div 2 team let alone premiership!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Some Italian club have a woman playing in the men's team apparently, can't remember who.
On a similar note, Saadi Gadaffi made his debut for Perugia today.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some Italian club have a woman playing in the men's team apparently, can't remember who.
Really!

*Last post b4 bed*

Even I as a former womans footballer understand that us girls have a long way to go before we are up to the standard of men with concerns to football, as at the moment we are not even hitting benchmark with comparison to the mens game. However stupid, ignorant comments made like dikheads like Corey are totally unexceptable, women (as I am sure I have proved to you throughout this thread) do understand the fundementals of football, and we do no what we are talking about. So don't be so ignorant as to dismiss a woman's comment on the fact thats shes a female and supposedly knows nothing about football. As you know that can absolute ****e!

Gud nite all!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Excellent... is he actually any good?
I doubt it. He was given 15 mintues at the end for recent good behaviour.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Even I as a former womans footballer understand that us girls have a long way to go before we are up to the standard of men with concerns to football, as at the moment we are not even hitting benchmark with comparison to the mens game. However stupid, ignorant comments made like dikheads like Corey are totally unexceptable, women (as I am sure I have proved to you throughout this thread) do understand the fundementals of football, and we do no what we are talking about. So don't be so ignorant as to dismiss a woman's comment on the fact thats shes a female and supposedly knows nothing about football. As you know that can absolute ****e!

Gud nite all!
Just b4 I go off to bed too, I agree with this. Am too tired to say and think more, so bye.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Erm... no he doesn't. He's England's best player and one of the world's best defensive midfielders. Also been the best player in the Premiership this season. I think he deserves a move to a bigger club next season, maybe Barca.
Not the best player in the prem - he has been good but there are many better defensive midfielders.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lampard?
Particularly towards the latter end of the season, Lampard has been Chelsea's main man, which is quite an achievement when you look at the players Chelsea have.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
a striker's only aim in the game is to score imo supply should be given by midfield
Many of the world's best strikers have the ability to create as well as score - Henry, Ronaldo, Raul, Schevchenko.

Strikers like Inzaghi are hit-men - they can score but would rarely be regarded as one of the world's best technical players.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
That's all he does is it? Yes, if you take away all of his goal assists, sometimes when he comes back to defend, his runs from the arsenal half to the oppositions (past slow defenders, I don't think so), his wonder strikes...
Henry has 8 assists - more than midfield playmakers such as Lampard, Ljungberg, Solano
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Not the best player in the prem - he has been good but there are many better defensive midfielders.
I'm not claiming he is more talented than Henry and the likes with regard to the Prem, but as I said, I think this past season he has been the Premiership's best player, and I will stick by that. Also when watching Barcelona I often feel that there is a lot to criticise about Davids. Sure he works hard and makes some brilliant surging runs on the ball, but his passing is generally of a low standard, yet he is considered in many camps (apart from the Juventus one, obviously) as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. I always think how much better they would be (not that the team's not already playing phenomally well) with the Gerrard. He works just as hard yet is also one of the best passers in the game. And if you're going to place him above Davids then he has to be one of the world's best.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Women's FA Cup Final, live today on BBC1 at 1pm :eek:.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Women's FA Cup Final, live today on BBC1 at 1pm :eek:.
Really? I'll watch that - can Arsenal do the sex double?
criscros
Report 15 years ago
Henry has 8 assists - more than midfield playmakers such as Lampard, Ljungberg, Solano
Is that supposed to be impressive? Dwight Yorke got 23 assists in the 1998-99 season, and I don't hear people raving about how good he was.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by criscros)
Is that supposed to be impressive? Dwight Yorke got 23 assists in the 1998-99 season, and I don't hear people raving about how good he was.
Actually, people were raving about the Yorke and Cole partnership - it was one of the best the Premiership has ever seen.
criscros
Report 15 years ago
Actually, people were raving about the Yorke and Cole partnership - it was one of the best the Premiership has ever seen.
I most certainly was.
Ultra Genious
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So u reckon becks n ronaldo will go to chelsea?
i give fairly strong odds on beckham.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Really? I'll watch that - can Arsenal do the sex double?
What kind of position is that?!

(probably on top...)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (309)
46.19%
No (75)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (285)
42.6%

Watched Threads