The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Holland are so good on paper. But it all goes wrong on the pitch.
i know...it is probably the best on paper in euro2004 - but by no means the most likely to win euro2004
slim786
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Edu has had a good season but form is temporary remember. He has to show it over a longer period than half a season.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Portugal.
I agree!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I've won the world cup twice on championship manager, therefore I'm the best manager in the world
I think cm is easier than actual managing. (having got stevenage borough to premiership in year 2011, lol)
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Spain may come good for once
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I don't think you know what your talking about Brown is dire usually, and the fact that he playing crap was one of the reasons why Man Utd conceeded so heavily at the start of the season...as he wasn't fulfiling his role in the team properly! I think that it would be ajoke if he made it into the squad...but hey they've let David James in..so who knows!

Lehmann has played some excellent football...its just his so erractic which is his downfall..and yes I agree an erractic goal keeper is not a good goal keeper..to be honest I don't know all that much about Niemi, but what I have seen, he was distinctley average! I think we need to think outside of the uk for a good goal keeper at the moment!
I think you're the one who doesn't know what she's talking about. Brown didn't play the start of the season. He'd just returned from injury after a very long absence and he isn't going to be at his best in that period now is he. And what's so funny about Brown weaing the three Lions? He's good enough, but being kept out by betters.

Niemi is a very decent goalkeeper, you probably think him average as he plays for an average club who no-one talks about. Lehmann play excellent football?! He doesn't actualy play!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Same goes for Spain. I always predict they will win but they always disappoint.
Spain's players aren't that great, I think it's just the fact that it's the greatest league in the world that always makes people think they'll do well.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
although think raul and morientes won't be getting on considering morientes dumped real out of champions league
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Spain's players aren't that great, I think it's just the fact that it's the greatest league in the world that always makes people think they'll do well.
spain's a pretty good team ive gotta say
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't say that! You'll dent my ego! I always cheat anyway :P
Well your not a good manager are you then!

I've stopped playing CM because its starting to scare me...made up people who are me and brothers age are about 36 years old..and the Japanese side is dominating the world!?!
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
although think raul and morientes won't be getting on considering morientes dumped real out of champions league
Imagine if Real recall Morientes just so he can't play in Europe anymore!
slim786
Report 15 years ago
If u compare spain man for man there players are excellent. They've got Raul, Moreintes, Valeron, Mendieta, Reyes, Luis Enrique and others we probably haven't seen. They do have slow crap defence though.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Imagine if Real recall Morientes just so he can't play in Europe anymore!
lol thats abit harsh
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If u compare spain man for man there players are excellent. They've got Raul, Moreintes, Valeron, Mendieta, Reyes, Luis Enrique and others we probably haven't seen. They do have slow crap defence though.
their defence is not rubbish - but by no means excellent.- helguera is a great defender
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Are Monaco going to sign Morientes considering he ain't got chance of displacing Raul or Ronaldo at Real.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They have great talent that can't be a good team for some reason. Raul doesn't do it for Spain either.

I really fancy Portugal in their own backyard, I think they're underrated.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kuz)
Well your not a good manager are you then!

I've stopped playing CM because its starting to scare me...made up people who are me and brothers age are about 36 years old..and the Japanese side is dominating the world!?!
I cant stop playin it, God help me.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Are Monaco going to sign Morientes considering he ain't got chance of displacing Raul or Ronaldo at Real.
Real would be losing a great striker. One of the best in the business if u ask me. Wud be an amazing deal for monaco
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Problem for spain unlike Real is there is no zidane to pull strings although valeron should do it like he does for deportivo but he never really does.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And what's so funny about Brown weaing the three Lions? He's good enough, but being kept out by betters.!
There You said it! Wes Brown is not good enough internationally *not good at all in my eyes*...so stop saying he should be included in the England side! His not good enough to be included!

Niemi is a very decent goalkeeper, you probably think him average as he plays for an average club who no-one talks about!
I probably agree with you on that one...but I can't think of any outstanding saves this season etc...Do you?

Lehmann play excellent football?! He doesn't actualy play!
Play? Goal keep? Who cares its just terminology...U know what I mean! :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise