jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
3 things I'll remember about that game:

- Nando missing many a chance.
- Carragher gliding and tricking his way past the TNS defense (teehehehe)
- Cisse going for the old 'hit and run', and raping the TNS left side with his pace.
That and Warnock racing two TNSers to the ball on the left and just getting a volleyed cross in across the face of goal, about 8 inches in front of a sliding Le Tallec
(and Gerrard's goals)
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I don't get this welsh league malarky, wqhy do teams like Wrexham, Cardiff, Swansea etc.. play in the english league yet there is a welsh league :confused:
For Swansea http://www.scfc.co.uk/history.html

Welsh Premiership was formed in 1992 and plus there are better financial benefits being the English division anyway. In fact, I'd like to see Rangers and Celtic join in and show them to their fans that they will be mid table at best whilst Herats, Hibs and Aberdeen can have a 3 horse race for the SPL title.

Also I think there's something to do with a European place or something as well.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
A few days after that was first posted on the Guardian website, the Sun ran a similar article in the paper, where people e-mail in their designs. One sneaky bugger e-mailed all the designs from the Guardian website. The Sun, thinking that they had a particularly creative and reader joining in, unwittingly published them. :eek: :rolleyes:
That doesn't surprise me with The Sun.
Zeus
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
In fact, I'd like to see Rangers and Celtic join in and show them to their fans that they will be mid table at best whilst Herats, Hibs and Aberdeen can have a 3 horse race for the SPL title.
Hey, I'm not sure that the Old Firm would be mid-table at best. Sure at first they might struggle a bit, but they are two big clubs from a large city with huge stadiums and a huge fanbase. They'd expand pretty quickly, and have the heavy financial power to back them up.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zeus)
Hey, I'm not sure that the Old Firm would be mid-table at best. Sure at first they might struggle a bit, but they are two big clubs from a large city with huge stadiums and a huge fanbase. They'd expand pretty quickly, and have the heavy financial power to back them up.
They're only big clubs for reasons other than strength at playing football namely religious bigoted reasons. The SPL is far overrated and the Dutch league top teams would show the OF how to play football. Wealth and huge fanbases do not guarantee progression in the Premiership - just look at Newcastle. I see on other forums how fans of Rangers and Celtic think they can challenge for the EPL title and/or CL places. I just laugh when I see Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton, Bolton and Middlesbrough are all in Europe. I suppose they could get a UEFA spot, but only one of them at any one season. :tsr:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aint posted here in time, hows it going boys (and gals)

Anyone watch/seen Footballers cribs?! Wowweeee
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh yeh when has this stuff about Viera been going on since?

Cant believe hes gonna leave.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He keeps saying he might leave. He did it in 2002. And people thought Gerrard was indecisive. :eek:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope.
no need to reply then, was there? :p:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He keeps saying he might leave. He did it in 2002. And people thought Gerrard was indecisive. :eek:
yeh but when/where did this Juventus bid come from, was it announced today?
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Gerrard might be one for the Dream Team this year,

Midfielder - hat-trick?

Great value!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
yeh but when/where did this Juventus bid come from, was it announced today?
Yesterday I think. Arsenal need the money or Spurs will spend more than them in the transfer market yet again. Plus Vieira's getting on, although 28 isn't that old, just ask Milan.
Zeus
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
They're only big clubs for reasons other than strength at playing football namely religious bigoted reasons. The SPL is far overrated and the Dutch league top teams would show the OF how to play football. Wealth and huge fanbases do not guarantee progression in the Premiership - just look at Newcastle. I see on other forums how fans of Rangers and Celtic think they can challenge for the EPL title and/or CL places. I just laugh when I see Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton, Bolton and Middlesbrough are all in Europe. I suppose they could get a UEFA spot, but only one of them at any one season. :tsr:
Yeah the SPL is overrated but Rangers and Celtic are bigger than the SPL. And their size will enable them to progress. When you are able to sell out a 50 000+ seater stadium on a weekly basis you generate huge amounts of revenue, which in addition to the merchandise bought by fans and the increased TV money would definately leave them both in a position to compete seriously at the top of the league. They would definately be above Everton, Bolton and Middlesbrogh. Newcastle in reality would also have been above these teams if they hadn't wasted their money on so many uncommitted players and had a world class manager.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yesterday I think. Arsenal need the money or Spurs will spend more than them in the transfer market yet again. Plus Vieira's getting on, although 28 isn't that old, just ask Milan.
oh seen
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Charlton sign top Inter Milan Defender (loan)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/4676617.stm
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zeus)
Yeah the SPL is overrated but Rangers and Celtic are bigger than the SPL. And their size will enable them to progress. When you are able to sell out a 50 000+ seater stadium on a weekly basis you generate huge amounts of revenue, which in addition to the merchandise bought by fans and the increased TV money would definately leave them both in a position to compete seriously at the top of the league. They would definately be above Everton, Bolton and Middlesbrogh. Newcastle in reality would also have been above these teams if they hadn't wasted their money on so many uncommitted players and had a world class manager.
I still think they won't cope with the Premiership in time to challenge for anything worthy of a mention. Perhaps the Intertoto Cup. Bolton have been on the rise ever since Big Sam took over and I can see them taking 4th in the league if Liverpool don't do it. Newcastle had a world class manager, the one they should never have sacked. Can't say that Rangers and Celtic could stand the physical sides like Blackburn and Bolton.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Spending money in Spurs' acse doesn't mean you're actually going to go anywhere!

Though this season we might (hooray!)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/4681601.stm haha
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Spending money in Spurs' acse doesn't mean you're actually going to go anywhere!
But I saw that you spent more than Arsenal by 0.1m and Arsenal always complain they're poor, mainly to hide away some poor performances and attack Chelsea at the same time.

(Original post by theaman)
Though this season we might (hooray!)
You came close to Europe last season so who knows this season.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.48%
UKIP (8)
0.97%
Other (6)
0.73%
None (30)
3.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise