The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a pathetic result Wycombe 1 - 5 Chelsea. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4681053.stm :eek:
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How can the SPL be over rated when no-one rates it in the first place?

And who is the world class manager Newcastle should never have sacked?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sir Bobby Robson. :eek:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
He keeps saying he might leave. He did it in 2002. And people thought Gerrard was indecisive. :eek:
But Juve saying that they're on the verge of signing Viera was sort of out of the blue. Viera had shown no indication that he wanted to leave, and I seriously thought that he would stay. Why are Arsenal letting him go anyway?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
But Juve saying that they're on the verge of signing Viera was sort of out of the blue. Viera had shown no indication that he wanted to leave, and I seriously thought that he would stay. Why are Arsenal letting him go anyway?
i heard that arsenal were ready to sell him last season to real, but they couldnt agree a contract before the deadline. viera was all set to go but unforunately he stayed.
i think arsenal will miss viera if he goes - but gilberto is a good swap.
do you think that pires is going to stay??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4682371.stm

who do you we need??? i wouldnt have minded signing gerrard
(wistful thinking!)
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was at the Wycombe-Chelsea game yesterday. It was sold out and there was more Chelsea supporters than Wycombe ones! (What a suprise :rolleyes:). Our end went crazy when Wycombe scored though! And lots of chants of 'We're gonna win 5-4' when they were 5-1 up! Nice to see the 'big' players like Lampard and Terry playing. Wycombe were doing so well up to the 30th minute, they had more of the ball than Chelsea! I didn't like what Jose was saying after the game though about how they just considered it a training session and not a football match
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I didn't like what Jose was saying after the game though about how they just considered it a training session and not a football match
He's bitter that a League 2 side netted against him.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Why are Arsenal letting him go anyway?
They need the money and Vieira isn't getting any younger. Also if he does go Ashley Cole, if he remains, shall be captain.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
He's bitter that a League 2 side netted against him.
Grr I really don't like him. I wore my England shirt with Gerrard on the back last night as a message to all the Chelsea fans!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They need the money and Vieira isn't getting any younger. Also if he does go Ashley Cole, if he remains, shall be captain.
nah not ashely cole- has he signed a new contract yet??? i think after his tapping up saga he shouldnt be captain. i think it should be henry or some1 else.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Grr I really don't like him. I wore my England shirt with Gerrard on the back last night as a message to all the Chelsea fans!
Hopefully he doesn't play against France in the World Cup. :eek: :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
nah not ashely cole- has he signed a new contract yet??? i think after his tapping up saga he shouldnt be captain. i think it should be henry or some1 else.
I generally dislike the idea of strikers being captains and attacking midfielders for that matter.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hopefully he doesn't play against France in the World Cup. :eek: :p:
:confused:...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
:confused:...
Backpass, penalty....oh my :rolleyes:
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Backpass, penalty....oh my :rolleyes:
Oh yeah...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Oh yeah...
Short memory?

I still remember Ravanelli of Derby County. :eek:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Good on you! Was it a good night out then? Was offered tickets for last night, but couldn't get transport up there.

Btw, what do you guys think about Cisse playing out wide? He's one of (if not) the fastest players in the premiership, has strength and pulls a few tricks. His positioning is excellent, and even his delivery is pretty good. As of yet, I can't say I've been ecstatic about him playing in a lone striker role, and he doesn't bond with Baros. Then again, he spent most of last season in a wheelchair or on crutches.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's not the fastest player in the Premiership. I think SWP or Henry could give Cisse a run! Then again, if Chelsea got Shevchenko...
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
He's not the fastest player in the Premiership. I think SWP or Henry could give Cisse a run! Then again, if Chelsea got Shevchenko...
Apparently Henry & Cisse had a footrace in training for international duty. Djibril apparently kicked his arse... :cool:
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Good on you! Was it a good night out then? Was offered tickets for last night, but couldn't get transport up there.

Btw, what do you guys think about Cisse playing out wide? He's one of (if not) the fastest players in the premiership, has strength and pulls a few tricks. His positioning is excellent, and even his delivery is pretty good. As of yet, I can't say I've been ecstatic about him playing in a lone striker role, and he doesn't bond with Baros. Then again, he spent most of last season in a wheelchair or on crutches.
Yeah I had fun . And the ticket only cost me £4 so I'm happy! It was sooo busy though, we left at 6.30 and only just made kickoff even though it usually only takes 1/2 hour to get there.

I'm still not convinced about Cisse. How did he play last night? Was Baros playing at all?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)