The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Apparently Henry & Cisse had a footrace in training for international duty. Djibril apparently kicked his arse... :cool:
If you say so.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Yeah I had fun . And the ticket only cost me £4 so I'm happy! It was sooo busy though, we left at 6.30 and only just made kickoff even though it usually only takes 1/2 hour to get there.

I'm still not convinced about Cisse. How did he play last night? Was Baros playing at all?
Baros didn't play, no. In case of a transfer, we'd want the money. Cisse was a breath of fresh air. He looked fit, and turned their defense inside out (which wasn't particularly difficult). I reckon with a string of games behind him, he could be special. Was disappointed with Morientes though, he should have had at least a brace.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.football365.com/opinion/m...y_156864.shtml

we'll float on the FTSE
:eek: One club did that over a decade ago and now look what happened. :rolleyes:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I generally dislike the idea of strikers being captains and attacking midfielders for that matter.
i know - i think its stupid fo keepers to be captains aswell but i dont think arsenal have an established CM. they could give it to sol campbell???
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good on you! Was it a good night out then? Was offered tickets for last night, but couldn't get transport up there.

Btw, what do you guys think about Cisse playing out wide? He's one of (if not) the fastest players in the premiership, has strength and pulls a few tricks. His positioning is excellent, and even his delivery is pretty good. As of yet, I can't say I've been ecstatic about him playing in a lone striker role, and he doesn't bond with Baros. Then again, he spent most of last season in a wheelchair or on crutches.
i think cisse sometimes tries to do too much with the ball, sometimes he produces but other times.....
hes got pace- but i think this season will show us what kind of striker he is. i hope hes not a lone striker, cos he needs someone upfront with him.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i know - i think its stupid fo keepers to be captains aswell but i dont think arsenal have an established CM. they could give it to sol campbell???
Campbell needs a zimmerframe to get round the pitch. :cool:

Luckily, Liverpool have captain-worthy contenders in abundance.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Nothing wrong with goalkeepers being captains but it depends on who they are. The likes of Cech, Schmiechel, Buffon, Seaman etc then yes captaincy shouldn't be a problem. I do prefer defenders being captains though. Don't know what you consider as an established CM but for me they'd have to give it to Sol Campbell at this rate.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Luckily, Liverpool have captain-worthy contenders in abundance.
Carragher number one choice, of course. :cool:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Carragher number one choice, of course. :cool:
See... great minds...!

Stevie isn't doing a bad job of it. He's practically won the European Cup for us, so he must be doing something right. I just wonder if he has the charisma to lift players around him to play at his level, not just grab them by their necks and dump them over touch with him. His hesitancy and indecision to sign for us also plants thoughts in the back of one's mind, but he's staying and even offered to give up his treasured armband in reconciliation.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAY...niteds_way.htm I never knew Peter Schmiechel had a son who plays in a youth team.

Notice the two spellings. :eek:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAY...niteds_way.htm I never knew Peter Schmiechel had a son who plays in a youth team.

Notice the two spellings. :eek:
yer, the kid who was the other youth goalie at the time told me in a bitter fashion about him when he was released from the youth side at man city to make way for him.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
yer, the kid who was the other youth goalie at the time told me in a bitter fashion about him when he was released from the youth side at man city to make way for him.
Ohh.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComu...id=83532&src=0 sounds like Jarosik and Carlton Cole are doing very well. :eek:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
will carlton cole even get a sniff of regular first team action next season?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
will carlton cole even get a sniff of regular first team action next season?
Yes. Gudjohnsen will probably be deployed in front of midfield to help make space for him.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Vieira has gone. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Vieira admits it was a wrench to depart North London, but feels the time is right for a fresh challenge.

"When you spend nine years at the club, like I did, it is a difficult decision to leave. But in the end you have to make a choice for your future," said the midfielder. "It was a very difficult decision, but I am happy with it.

"I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time for me to have a new challenge. But that does not mean I was unhappy or that I was having a problem at Arsenal.

"It was just that I had the feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel Juventus was the best challenge for me."

Vieira reserved special praise for the Gunners supporters.

"I'd like to thank the Arsenal fans," he added. "They have been fabulous. Even recently in the street they were saying 'if you are going, then thanks for the last nine years'. That is really touching and it makes me feel that I gave my best for the club.

"I can go with my head held high. I did my best every day in training and in every match, and I left shaking the hand of Arsene Wenger and Mr Dein. That was really important to me."

Wenger is sure to strive to find a replacement for Vieira and with money burning in his pocket, he could have the pick of Europe's midfielders.
arsenal are having such a strange summer

where are these 2 world class players wenger promised the fans?

hleb may turn out to be good, but is he proven world class? no, of course not

baptista move seems to be compeltely out of the question (well, to arsenal anyway)

edu gone - as we all knew anyway

now vieira - the captain fercchrissakes!!

pires wantin more than 1 yr deal - still possible he will go.

now obviously there is a good 6/7 weeks of transfer activity left for arsene to make transfers and yes, they do have good young players at the club, and yes arsene is good at bringin in unheard of players and turning them into superstars (vieira for 1) - but he needs to pull his finger out if arsenal are to strongly competing for the title next season and not jus making up the numbers in the top 3. :eek:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
See... great minds...!

Stevie isn't doing a bad job of it. He's practically won the European Cup for us.
No he didn't. I hate it when people say that. He played superbly away to Graz and Leverkusen and then again in the 2nd half in the final. He was part of the squad that won the European cup. He had no bigger part to play than players like Biscan, Garcia or Hyypia to name but three.

Stevie Me he has been a dreadful captain in the last 12 months.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People forget that football is a team game at times.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
No he didn't. I hate it when people say that. He played superbly away to Graz and Leverkusen and then again in the 2nd half in the final. He was part of the squad that won the European cup. He had no bigger part to play than players like Biscan, Garcia or Hyypia to name but three.

Stevie Me he has been a dreadful captain in the last 12 months.
You know what I mean. It's been his goals against Olympiacos, Milan, etc which scraped us through. At the same time, a team of Stevie Gerrards wouldn't have won the cup.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.22%
Labour (442)
50.86%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.46%
Green Party (49)
5.64%
Brexit Party (13)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.73%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise