Report 14 years ago
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...17_L14613690:1 :eek:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
will carlton cole even get a sniff of regular first team action next season?
Can't see why not. He scored last night and played brilliantly.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Can't see why not. He scored last night and played brilliantly.
So I heard.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
So I heard.
The game was good. I did have some misgivings at the start. It looked lkike the old Chelsea, stumbling and making bad passes. Wycome were all over us. Del Horno had a few chances on goal too, hit the cross bar it bounced out and it was missed again. It was like there was an invisible shield around the goal. Robbens goal was pure class and Duff first was a cool nutmeg goal. Really enjoyed watching it.

PS Kit don't look too bad, though it was the black one.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComu...id=83532&src=0

The most dramatic action came at the other end when a Nuno Morais error allowed Nathan Tyson through on goal and his powerful drive was brilliantly held by Cudicini diving low to his left.
Why is it our Portuguese players do these mistakes? CArvalho, Ferriera and now him.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago

Why is it our Portuguese players do these mistakes? CArvalho, Ferriera and now him.
Watch out Mourinho, it's a long and slippery road... :rolleyes:

:rofl:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

To be fair it was his only one. The ball even got passed Cech!!! Put it down to nerves.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Watch out Mourinho, it's a long and slippery road... :rolleyes:

:rofl:
But better than last year - could only draw with Oxford Utd 1-1. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be fair it was his only one. The ball even got passed Cech!!! Put it down to nerves.
Nerves because of what? After all those big games he gets nerves now?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nerves because of what? After all those big games he gets nerves now?
Either that or his new hair cut. Its all been shaved off!!

Carlton has just said in a interview last night:
"It feels so good to be back in a Chelsea shirt."

It seems Eider may play a bigger role in midfield this season.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Petr Cech is now Frank Lebeouf. :eek:

Gudjohnsen is a decent midfield player.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Petr Cech is now Frank Lebeouf. :eek:

Gudjohnsen is a decent midfield player.
He did look comfortable there.

Reserves 7-1 against Henfield something or other. Go the Blues.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arsenal fined £200,000 and Wenger £100,000 for their illegal approach to Julio Baptista of Seville. :rolleyes:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arsenal fined £200,000 and Wenger £100,000 for their illegal approach to Julio Baptista of Seville. :rolleyes:
Now you don't hear that all over the blooming news do you. :mad:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Now you don't hear that all over the blooming news do you. :mad:
I know. If found guilty I'm going to start shouting dock points. :rolleyes:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I'm quite surprised that Vieira's finally leaving, and that Arsenal seem to want him to. Do they already have a natural replacement for him? Why do they want to get rid of Pires too?
Although I'm an avid lover of Vieria, he is nearly 30 years old and he had an "indifferent season" last season. In all honesty although I think he's a great player he peaked probably 2/3 seasons ago, and is unlikely to improve any further than those 2/3 seasons back, as its not like he's getting any younger. I'm proud of Wengers brave decision to sell him now when he is still classed/renowned by other teams as a world class player; in order for us to get the money that he's worth. I believe if we had waited 1 more season to sell him he's price would have greatly depriciated, meaning we would have lost out. Since the last seasons pre-season, it has been clear that Vieria is unhappy with our inability to succed in Europe and maybe a fresh start at a new big European club like Juve will help him achieve a cup I think he deserves...as he has had such a prestigous career (world cup, captaining Arsenal for 3/4 seasons, two doubles, unbeaten record etc...) I suppose in a way failure to win the CL would be such a shame as it is definitely the last piece of the puzzle. (Although I think we are motre likely to win the CL before Juve)

If Vieria were to stay, like I absolutely longed him too this time last year, I will be pleased as I love he's captaining ability, and he's presence will be greatly missed if he's not a dominate image on the pitch at highbury (especially in its last season)

As for Pires I just disapponited that he would want to leave us, as he has achieved so much as an Arsenal squad member. Achievements I'm sure he wouldn't have gained at any other club!

All in all as an Arsenal supporter I'm scared for the future really, we may have many bright promising youngsters but they are not yet experienced enogh. Experience I believe they would gain from more matches and more senior members of the squad. However it seems that there is a mass exodus potentially going on with more senior members of the team (Cole, Reyes, Pires, Vieria) and we will end up with a team of promising but inexperienced youngsters

Very long post but if you can't be arsed to read it, this is the summary.....It's all Chelseas fault!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Very long post but if you can't be arsed to read it, this is the summary.....It's all Chelseas fault!
Not Spurs? :rolleyes:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Not Spurs? :rolleyes:
Why should it be? :confused:

That's like me saying that our poor season was down to Everton.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Why should it be? :confused:
Because Kuz decided to pick one rival of Arsenal's. Chelsea is one, Spurs is the other. Totally unfounded, of course.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because Kuz decided to pick one rival of Arsenal's. Chelsea is one, Spurs is the other. Totally unfounded, of course.
Again.... don't be ridiculous, its all chelseas fault was with reference to the fact that Chelsea have so much money for transfers it hard for a team even like Arsenal to lure good players with what all teams but chelsea seem to have...A BUDGET! So our experienced senior squad will leave us, and instead of me sigh with sadness, but then look forward of fresh newq signings that are of the same quality or better, I cannot do the latter because we cant attract any new fresh replacements!

So no its not Spurs fault (suprisingly), it is actually Chelseas fault!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (315)
46.12%
No (75)
10.98%
I'm not old enough (293)
42.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise