The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Again.... don't be ridiculous, its all chelseas fault was with reference to the fact that Chelsea have so much money for transfers it hard for a team even like Arsenal to lure good players with what all teams but chelsea seem to have...A BUDGET! So our experienced senior squad will leave us, and instead of me sigh with sadness, but then look forward of fresh newq signings that are of the same quality or better, I cannot do the latter because we cant attract any new fresh replacements!

So no its not Spurs fault (suprisingly), it is actually Chelseas fault!
They're not exactly the first team that have had so much money to do this are they? Milan and Real Madrid did the same. Chelsea had nothing to do with Patrick Vieira leaving Arsenal. Capitalism, such a great thing. :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate the Premiership. Too many players from the Championship go to clubs there for the money and it's all their fault, yes all clubs. Damn them. :rolleyes:
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
They're not exactly the first team that have had so much money to do this are they? Milan and Real Madrid did the same. Chelsea had nothing to do with Patrick Vieira leaving Arsenal. Capitalism, such a great thing. :rolleyes:
They may have but it has never really affected any Arsenal transfers, but Chelsea have had a direct effect on our transfer ability. One of the reason Wenger is probably selling Vieria is to do a money+player transfer to get some new blood into the team, this is due to Chelsea again, as we are unable to do normal transfers.

Seriously this is all Chelseas fault no point arguing...I just need to build a bridge...and get over it
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
They may have but it has never really affected any Arsenal transfers, but Chelsea have had a direct effect on our transfer ability. One of the reason Wenger is probably selling Vieria is to do a money+player transfer to get some new blood into the team, this is due to Chelsea again, as we are unable to do normal transfers.

Seriously this is all Chelseas fault no point arguing...I just need to build a bridge...and get over it
Nope. The transfer market has wisened up to Wenger in spending like a Scotsman.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bah i want my own russian billionaire to run Everton but i'm afraid the "russian billionaires r us" store is closed with all this fraud crack down from the russian government
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
bah i want my own russian billionaire to run Everton but i'm afraid the "russian billionaires r us" store is closed with all this fraud crack down from the russian government
As if they're the ones to complain about fraud. :rolleyes:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As if they're the ones to complain about fraud. :rolleyes:
Putin and his cronies
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Still hate the idea of Viera leaving. I wonder how much chance we have of getting Wright-Philips... Wenger must have someone lined up to take his place. We signed up a new 24 year old midfielder. Anyone know how good he is?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Still hate the idea of Viera leaving. I wonder how much chance we have of getting Wright-Philips... Wenger must have someone lined up to take his place. We signed up a new 24 year old midfielder. Anyone know how good he is?
Hleb?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hleb?
Yup. Maybe he was brought in as a replacement to Viera.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Again.... don't be ridiculous, its all chelseas fault was with reference to the fact that Chelsea have so much money for transfers it hard for a team even like Arsenal to lure good players with what all teams but chelsea seem to have...A BUDGET! So our experienced senior squad will leave us, and instead of me sigh with sadness, but then look forward of fresh newq signings that are of the same quality or better, I cannot do the latter because we cant attract any new fresh replacements!

So no its not Spurs fault (suprisingly), it is actually Chelseas fault!
Welcome to the problems everyone other club in every league in England faces.... :rolleyes:
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Isn't he a winger...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
That seems likely IMO.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hleb is far from a replacement for Vieira. A currently rumoured target is Mahmouda Diarra from Lyon
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lyon seem to ask a lot for their players - look at Essien. :eek:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
IMO, there is no viable replacement for Viera, not least Hleb & SWP (2 wingers, wtf are you guys on about? :confused: ). It's not as much his position, as the qualities he has bought to the Arsenal side. He's what kept your side ticking over, changing tempo, adding spark, whatever. He's the heart of your team - very much like Keane in his day. There are very few players like this, if any available for transfers. I wouldn't even count Gerrard among them yet, although he still has much to learn. As far as Liverpool are concerned, it is Alonso who is likely to become the midfield fulcrum and general.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lyon seem to ask a lot for their players - look at Essien. :eek:
isnt lyons new manager gerrard houllier??? well if he is then theyre going to go down like liverpool
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone heard of Club Deportivo Wanka?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone heard of Club Deportivo Wanka?
cant say i have
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
isnt lyons new manager gerrard houllier??? well if he is then theyre going to go down like liverpool
What's wrong with Houllier? He won the FA Cup, UEFA Cup and the League Cup in one season I think, then the next he won the European Super Cup and something else too...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.35%
Labour (132)
49.44%
Liberal Democrats (37)
13.86%
Green Party (18)
6.74%
Brexit Party (4)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.12%
SNP (5)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.37%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.5%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)