*drools over Xabi*
*hands a tissue to wipe mouth with*
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Woo! 3-0
Completely insignificant but hey! We got to see some of our new signings play.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
*hands a tissue to wipe mouth with*
*drools over Cindy instead*

Xabi was sexi in that first half, and I'm not just talking about some of the balls he played. Very impressed with Whitbred, thought he played like a veteran and was a class act. I'd defo slot him in against TNS. Cisse merits attention, having bagged a brace, and shows the benefits of a pacy striker. Sissoko was a bundle of energy, and didn't have a bad game considering he's been in the team for less than a week and it's his first game for Liverpool as well as his first of the season. Having these 4 - Gerrard, Hamman, Alonso & Sissoko - definitely gives us options, and asks many questions. There will definitely be squad rotation in the next season, and the same is true for the rest of our squad. I'm finally beginning to feel that we've got a squad with depth and versatility.

Once again, insignificant - but Leverkusen are a top European team. To beat them by 3 and keep a clean sheet shows that something's going right. Indeed, the second half resembled training practise. We seem to be going through the motions in becoming Rafa's team.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
*drools over Cindy instead*

Xabi was sexi in that first half, and I'm not just talking about some of the balls he played. Very impressed with Whitbred, thought he played like a veteran and was a class act. I'd defo slot him in against TNS. Cisse merits attention, having bagged a brace, and shows the benefits of a pacy striker. Sissoko was a bundle of energy, and didn't have a bad game considering he's been in the team for less than a week and it's his first game for Liverpool as well as his first of the season. Having these 4 - Gerrard, Hamman, Alonso & Sissoko - definitely gives us options, and asks many questions. There will definitely be squad rotation in the next season, and the same is true for the rest of our squad. I'm finally beginning to feel that we've got a squad with depth and versatility.

Once again, insignificant - but Leverkusen are a top European team. To beat them by 3 and keep a clean sheet shows that something's going right. Indeed, the second half resembled training practise. We seem to be going through the motions in becoming Rafa's team.

*Lifts Ben out of cleavage.* :p:

Xabi played with his balls eh? What is football coming to these days??

I missed the rest of the match being on here, never mind.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
*Lifts Ben out of cleavage.* :p:

Xabi played with his balls eh? What is football coming to these days??

I missed the rest of the match being on here, never mind.
Don't play with me! :rolleyes:

You didn't miss much, tbh. It became a training ground knock-about, and there was't much bite left in the game. Baros's goal wasn't bad though. Good vision from Gerrard and a well timed run from Milan, ending in a simble lob of keeper.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't play with me! :rolleyes:

You didn't miss much, tbh. It became a training ground knock-about, and there was't much bite left in the game. Baros's goal wasn't bad though. Good vision from Gerrard and a well timed run from Milan, ending in a simble lob of keeper.
Sowy. I am a 'ickle bit tiddly.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There will definitely be squad rotation in the next season, and the same is true for the rest of our squad
Benitez said that he's gonna use Sissoko to rest Gerrard so we shouldn't worry about him having a bad World Cup.
I didn't realise Whitbread was American. He was classy today. Should definitely play against TNS. Shame about Warnock, hopefully he won't have another long lay off
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Sowy. I am a 'ickle bit tiddly.
Lol, so will I be, am going out at 9ish... and you shouldn't be drinking on yer tod! :eek:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol, so will I be, am going out at 9ish... and you shouldn't be drinking on yer tod! :eek:
Who said I am.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Who said I am.
Hmm... nyah. :rolleyes:

Rawr.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm... nyah. :rolleyes:

Rawr.
I have the cat and sticks to keep me company.

Anyway back to football.
Do you think 'pool will qualify for the CL league this season?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago

Anyway back to football.
Sigh. Are you Dan in disguise? We should have no problems qualifying. Even in the 3QR, we're seeded so the worst draw we could end up with is Everton. Which I wouldn't complain about, would be hilarious to knock them out before they even qualify! As far as the group stage is concerned, we'd be seeded as well, so our group should theoretically be simpler than last year's. We won't successfully defend it, but I think we've got a good chance of reaching the last 16.

Hmm... want todays rep?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sigh. Are you Dan in disguise? We should have no problems qualifying. Even in the 3QR, we're seeded so the worst draw we could end up with is Everton. Which I wouldn't complain about, would be hilarious to knock them out before they even qualify! As far as the group stage is concerned, we'd be seeded as well, so our group should theoretically be simpler than last year's. We won't successfully defend it, but I think we've got a good chance of reaching the last 16.

Hmm... want todays rep?
If you want to give it to me, but please do so if you think my post is worthy of it. :rolleyes:

Should be a good match to watch. Ermm... who do I support then, red or blue?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Anyway back to football.
Do you men qualify this season, as in finish fourth or above? Or do you mean reach this season's group stage?
Answer to both is a resounding "YES!!!"
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
If you want to give it to me, but please do so if you think my post is worthy of it. :rolleyes:

Should be a good match to watch. Ermm... who do I support then, red or blue?
Well it's better than the drivel I post.

You should support any team in red who don't play at Old Trafford.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Do you men qualify this season, as in finish fourth or above? Or do you mean reach this season's group stage?
Answer to both is a resounding "YES!!!"
Finish fourth or above. It will be a fight. :p:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Finish fourth or above. It will be a fight. :p:
Yes it will. Do you think Chelsea will qualify for the CL? I think it's too close to call
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Yes it will. Do you think Chelsea will qualify for the CL? I think it's too close to call
ROFL!!! You amke me laugh. Course they will, silly billy.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are Real taking the Mickey (Owen)? They want £18m for Owen. A player that they paid £8m for one year ago and who didn't turn out as good as they thought he would be! Towards the end of the season they were talking of getting rid of him. So, surely that means he isn't as good as they thought he was. So in their eyes he's not as good as £8m! :mad:
I think we should give Nunez back that'll learn 'em (only joking, i really don't think he's that bad. He's just not that good.)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise