The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Well we have to lose some time. Better a friendly to a quality European side, than lose 3pts to West Ham, or the like.
Then it will be, oh how the champs have fallen. I know this as thats exactly what will happen when Chelsea lose their first match.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Then it will be, oh how the champs have fallen. I know this as thats exactly what will happen when Chelsea lose their first match.
Ah but Chelsea have better bouncebackability than other teams like Arsenal.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Doubt it. Everyone already knows how shocking we are in the league!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Ah but Chelsea have better bouncebackability than other teams like Arsenal.
Talking of Bouncebackability, when does SoccerAm begin again? I have really missed that on a Saturday morning.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Talking of Bouncebackability, when does SoccerAm begin again? I have really missed that on a Saturday morning.
No idea. Don't really watch it.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
City agree fee for Wright-Philips transfer 21m

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4621425.stm
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
City agree fee for Wright-Philips transfer 21m

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4621425.stm
Another overpriced buy from Chelsea. I just hope this isnt another Parker and SWP gets the chance to reach his full potential.
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is it Champions League now? Why are Liverpool playing against Leverkusen?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Another overpriced buy from Chelsea. I just hope this isnt another Parker and SWP gets the chance to reach his full potential.
Agreed, it seems that I was the only one that posts on this thread that Chelsea ruined Parkers potential!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Agreed, it seems that I was the only one that posts on this thread that Chelsea ruined Parkers potential!
We've had this conversation many-a-time, about how Chelsea are endangering hot prospects - as well as monopolising the transfer market. Even with squad rotation, how on earth do you go about leaving out two of Duff, Robben, Cole & SWP? I see SWP as more of a trophy buy than anything, as I'm not sure whether he fits into the Chelsea system.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Is it Champions League now? Why are Liverpool playing against Leverkusen?
No that was a friendly match. Liverpool play TNS in a CL qualifier this tuesday.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We've had this conversation many-a-time, about how Chelsea are endangering hot prospects, as well as monopolising the transfer market. Even with squad rotation, how on earth do you go about leaving out two of Duff, Robben, Cole & SWP? I see SWP as more of a trophy buy than anything, as I'm not sure whether he fits into the Chelsea system.
Well I don't know if it was before you started posting in this thread, but I stated that Parker speciffically great potential had been ruined, and I was slammed by many a Chelsea fan saying it was because he had been injured all season long which is true. However Parker was never going to get regular 1st team footie in the current Chelsea side and he's talent was only going to diminish
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
yeah only difference is that mourinho wasnt the manager when parker was bought
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Well I don't know if it was before you started posting in this thread, but I stated that Parker speciffically great potential had been ruined, and I was slammed by many a Chelsea fan saying it was because he had been injured all season long which is true. However Parker was never going to get regular 1st team footie in the current Chelsea side and he's talent was only going to diminish
Maybe Roman has a complex about the club being a Peoples' Club? Would explain the attempts to sign so many established English players.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe Roman has a complex about the club being a Peoples' Club? Would explain the attempts to sign so many established English players.
Maybe, like Sven he probably knows impressing and pleasing the fans is one way of keeping your job when/if times get hard.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
yeah only difference is that mourinho wasnt the manager when parker was bought
Well I hope it makes a difference because SWP has the potential to be one of the best players in the world
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Maybe, like Sven he probably knows impressing and pleasing the fans is one way of keeping your job when/if times get hard.
Do I detect sarcasm?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do I detect sarcasm?
No I'm being serious! When Sven first took up the England hot-seat he was very popular, I think one reason being the selection of Beckham (who couldn't do a thing wrong in the fans eyes at the time) as captain, and at times when Beckham wasn't around Owen as captain, who was very popular also. I personally for presence and influence on the field would have choosen Sol Campbell or Gary Neville as a captain at times when Beckham wasn't around... but I'm sure Sven went for the popularity vote.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dunno, charity shield weekend?

i miss that show too esp. cos i now work on a sat morning
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We've had this conversation many-a-time, about how Chelsea are endangering hot prospects - as well as monopolising the transfer market. Even with squad rotation, how on earth do you go about leaving out two of Duff, Robben, Cole & SWP? I see SWP as more of a trophy buy than anything, as I'm not sure whether he fits into the Chelsea system.
I agree. Cole wants to play a more central role but if and when Chelsea play 4-3-3 then perhaps that can't happen too often as it ruins the shape.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (83)
33.6%
No I don't (116)
46.96%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.43%

Watched Threads