The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Seabiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Jamlan, Henry couldn't suit any teams style. He's only scored a handful of goals with his head and he hardly receives any long balls on his head. In League 2 football, where you're playing on dodgy pitches and most of it is Route 1 football, Henry wouldn't be top of my list of strikers...

Re: De Lucas - who remembers Winston Bogarde? What is it with Chelsea and these wasters?

Robinho is very very good. Him and Adriano doing a great job of keeping Ronaldo out the team.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=Seabiscuit]Jamlan, Henry couldn't suit any teams style. He's only scored a handful of goals with his head and he hardly receives any long balls on his head. In League 2 football, where you're playing on dodgy pitches and most of it is Route 1 football, Henry wouldn't be top of my list of strikers...

QUOTE]

henry is class, but ive got to agree with seabiscuit. i wouldnt mind him playing for utd but i think hes best at provididng goals. id have him play behind rooney.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Woohoo, back off holiday, ready to spam my way back to top poster in the UFT!

Hey guys!
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)

Hey guys!
Welcome back! Still no signs of imminent transfers on the blue front... you getting worried? :p:

I'm actually starting to really hope we get Crouch. Already suited to the premiership, gives us completely different options with his height, and he can supply. Maybe we should be thinking about keeping Baros. He's prolific for the Czech Republic alongside Jan Koller; no reason why Crouch can't emulate Koller. Even then, we'd have the options of Cisse, Morientes, and Pongolle to think about (imo, Le Tallec is better employed operating in the hole).
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just a quick question, when you pump up a football does it lose air over 9 hours of sittign there not being kicked?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)

Hey guys!
Dan! :love:
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Welcome back! Still no signs of imminent transfers on the blue front... you getting worried? :p:

I'm actually starting to really hope we get Crouch. Already suited to the premiership, gives us completely different options with his height, and he can supply. Maybe we should be thinking about keeping Baros. He's prolific for the Czech Republic alongside Jan Koller; no reason why Crouch can't emulate Koller. Even then, we'd have the options of Cisse, Morientes, and Pongolle to think about (imo, Le Tallec is better employed operating in the hole).
Yeah I think we should keep Baros too
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
just a quick question, when you pump up a football does it lose air over 9 hours of sittign there not being kicked?
from the sounds of it, it has done, but no, it should'nt do...
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Yeah I think we should keep Baros too
i cant see how we can keep them all... there is no need. give them all time and boot the least prolific i say.
Reloaded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
if the ball is new, it shouldnt lose air. but once it gets a bit worn it does lose air. i cant really think why.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
i cant see how we can keep them all... there is no need. give them all time and boot the least prolific i say.
Yeah but I don't think Baros is the least prolific tbh. He can be infuriating at times with his 'head down' playing but he's a good player
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Reloader)
if the ball is new, it shouldnt lose air. but once it gets a bit worn it does lose air. i cant really think why.
i bought it yesterday and played with it then pumped it up afterwards and overnight it has lost air, not lots but enough for me to pump it up again.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Reloader)
Pressure laws of ideal gases.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Yeah but I don't think Baros is the least prolific tbh. He can be infuriating at times with his 'head down' playing but he's a good player
He's damn hard to defend against too. BTW, you read about the new support figures yet? We've apparently got a fanbase of around 18,000,000.

Top 9
1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Liverpool
4. Juventus
5. Milan
6. Manchester United
7. Arsenal
8. Bayern Munich
9. Chelsea.

Anyway, time for me to leg it. Off into London for the night!
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Xavi admitted Chelsea contact. :eek:
Did you realise that that made you the proud owner of the 23000th post on this thread? :eek: :hmmmm2:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's damn hard to defend against too. BTW, you read about the new support figures yet? We've apparently got a fanbase of around 18,000,000.

Top 9
1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Liverpool
4. Juventus
5. Milan
6. Manchester United
7. Arsenal
8. Bayern Munich
9. Chelsea.

where did they dream these up?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
where did they dream these up?
Barcelona having the second most support in the world is a joke. They have only become such a great team recently. The top two are certainly Real Madrid and Manchester United.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think liverpool's has been somewhat bloated by the cl win and uniteds shrunk because of glazer...
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Top 9
1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Liverpool
4. Juventus
5. Milan
6. Manchester United
7. Arsenal
8. Bayern Munich
9. Chelsea.

I'm suprised at them tbh. Would have though united would have been above us. Although to be fair all their glory hunters have moved on to Chelsea now...
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Barcelona having the second most support in the world is a joke. They have only become such a great team recently. The top two are certainly Real Madrid and Manchester United.
They have been a great team for ages!
Jus' that before they stole Ronaldinho, they had been going through a rough patch!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads