The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=NDGAARONDI]Shevchenko could join Chelsea http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Teams/...y_157405.shtml

I think that Milan is not going to sell Andrei Schevchenko. He is too important for the team as well.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=Ronaldinho_88]
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Shevchenko could join Chelsea http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Teams/...y_157405.shtml

I think that Milan is not going to sell Andrei Schevchenko. He is too important for the team as well.
I was thinking the same to be honest. But you never know with football. :eek:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was thinking the same to be honest. But you never know with football. :eek:
like baros going to west ham!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
like baros going to west ham!
Everton came 17th one season, sold Rooney, and then came 4th the next season. It's football.

But then again Milan do have Veiri and Gilardino for their strikers so they can sell Shevchenko if they wanted to.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton came 17th one season, sold Rooney, and then came 4th the next season. It's football.

But then again Milan do have Veiri and Gilardino for their strikers so they can sell Shevchenko if they wanted to.
i think chelsea need a striker live shevchenko. the only positive in him i see is that he misses penalties
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think chelsea need a striker live shevchenko. the only positive in him i see is that he misses penalties
Like Ruud van Nistlerooy then

If Chelsea had just one world class striker like Arsenal have Henry = OMG. :eek:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like Ruud van Nistlerooy then

If Chelsea had just one world class striker like Arsenal have Henry = OMG. :eek:
ruud just misses penalties to show hes human
i think every team would love to have henry, hes got everything and hes always consistent with his scorin.
my mate says that arsenal need a striker like ruud and utd need henry!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my mate says that arsenal need a striker like ruud and utd need henry!
Don't see the logic in that to be honest.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
same here- but i think she meant that arsenal need a striker to sit in the box and slot it in.

but i think every team will benifit from henry!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but i think every team will benifit from henry!
Except Blackburn and Bolton for their styles of play.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Except Blackburn and Bolton for their styles of play.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because Arsenal aren't use to physical and/or long ball style of play. Look how Man Utd walked all over Arsenal performancewise in the two Premiership matches and the FA Cup final.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because Arsenal aren't use to physical and/or long ball style of play. Look how Man Utd walked all over Arsenal performancewise in the two Premiership matches and the FA Cup final.
i think that just showed that man utd are the better side - they can change there style of play to win games.
but i think arsenal got the tactics spot on in the FA cup final
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think that just showed that man utd are the better side - they can change there style of play to win games.
If more teams played like you against Arsenal they could potentially drop more points than they did last season.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If more teams played like you against Arsenal they could potentially drop more points than they did last season.
how?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how?
It stops them playing they way they wanted and it disrupts their game. Plus quite a few of their players one small touch and they go down like a sack of potatoes. So it might be worth roughening up the game a bit risking a yellow card or so in exchange for a red for them etc.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Boro XI 1-1 Hearts

Yakubu scored on his debut. Adam Johnson rocked the casbah. He is the next Stewart Downing (in fact, I'd say he was better than Downing). We have England's next two left wingers in our team, and they have a combined age of Teddy Sheringham.

England U19s drew 1-1 with Armenia.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It stops them playing they way they wanted and it disrupts their game. Plus quite a few of their players one small touch and they go down like a sack of potatoes. So it might be worth roughening up the game a bit risking a yellow card or so in exchange for a red for them etc.
i think the best perfomance that i saw against arsenal ( apart from utd!) was portsmouth. they lost 1 nil, but they got there tactics spot on. it was a msitake by one player that resulted in sol campbell scoring.
i think the way to play against arsenal is to stop them from playin
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Centre of the park. And he is the sort of player who does well in our league. Not technically blessed, but plays a high energy game. As for the Diao references, he was lazy and went missing. Benitez has seen and played Sissoko before, and will have plenty more conviction about Momo than Houlleir did about Salif.
If he plays centre of the park how is he going to get past Stevie G laa and Xabi Alonso into the team? Surely he's too good to be playing on the bench, you'll have to revert to 4-5-1 to accommodate him!
It's always a bit of a risk to buy overseas players, just like the risk we've taken with Kroldrup, given the fact that he won't be first in the pecking order i'm not so sure he'll be satisfied with his opportunities, and probably begin to wonder what he's doing sitting on the bench a lot of the time..

Also one of the most promising youngsters to come out of France? He's a hot and cold player tbh, a volatile one at that. He didn't have a great game yesterday, but had a blinder against Leverkusen - and Juventus last season for that matter. McFadden is nothing.
Oh come on! Do you believe he'll ever improve? Le Tallec? My lord! He's got about as much chance of making it big in the premierleague as.. James McFadden has of being a straight man - no chance!
What's wrong with flourishing in the Champions' League? We all know he isn't a winger, but we had precious few other options last season. That is why there's constant speculation about a new right winger.
Nothing wrong with flourishing in the Champions League, but the idea is to perform well in your first target, i.e. the Premier League. Surely you agree he hasn't been good enough in the Premier League last year?

It's the idea behind it, and the game Benitez wants us to develop.
I'll give it a chance.

Of course I want him to be a success, but I see no reason why he can't be. There was speculation about Raul, yes, and he'd be attainable if we want him. But we don't. Figo we're linked with, and there's no reason why we can't sign him. I have no idea where you got Ronaldo and Pele from though? I'm not proud of the sum we're paying them, but we're a rich club - it's what happens. As for Beattie, you paid top dollar for a player wh was transfer listed, was no longer a Saints favourite, and getting on for 30. The £7m reflects the years Crouch has left in him - £1m of which depends on his success.
Beattie has had exactly the same amount of time at Everton as El Moro has at you lot, and Beattie has done more than Morientes already. Apparently Morientes is one of the best strikers in Europe, surely he wouldn't need more than half a season to adapt to the Premier League style of play? Same price too, gosh! Crouch.. I just can't see it :rofl: - sorry, but I think you're trying to convince yourself he'll be a great buy, when deep down you know it's a rather strange buy.. and for £7m! Excellent!
Beattie isn't getting on for 30 at all, he's 27! Hardly nearing the end of his career, he's not even at his peak. Anyway, it's ok for everybody to keep putting him down, I know he'll come good this season and that's enough for me.

Our 'style of play' last year was dependant on the players Benitex had to work with. We had no natural wingers, whereas now we do. Therefore, our game will evolve, not be abandoned. And it's not just getting the ball out wide though, is it? With a player of Alonso's calibre (Gerrard's no mean passer or visionary either), Cisse will always be picked out if in a favourable position. It's just for crosses, set pieces and the like, Crouch is an ideal target man and the odds are that he'll beat his man. He also links well with other players, and there's no reason why he can't lay it into Cisse's path.
Yeah sure it'll evolve, I just can't see Crouch doing the job at Liverpool, especially in Europe. I don't know what else to say, it's just all too funny! Peter Crouch, Liverpools new striker - :rofl:!!

Beattie? New signing? Hasn't he already had plenty of time to adapt to Everton, given that he's played english football for the whole of his career? Davies is a good player, but I wouldn't go as far as saying quality. As for Kroldrup, we know nothing of him as of yet. He's got potential to be one of your better, but I wouldn't say he's proven. Molby was a great player, but that does not equate to pundit.
Sure he's like a new signing. He's played less than 15 games for us, partially through stupidity and partially due to a lack of fitness because of an injury at Southampton. He's probably had enough time at Everton to get his match fitness and sharpness up, but certainly not enough time to come in and play an unfamiliar (4-5-1) role and make it pay dividends. This next season will probably see him being put back into a 4-4-2 formation, so we should see the goalscorer that we know he is.
As for Davies, he terrorised you at Anfield last year - he's a quality buy, and for less than £5m, there was nothing better on the market for a similar price who was suitable for us.
Kroldrup I have utter faith in. He's already looking good in our friendly matches we've played. In Italy he played against Adriano twice and managed to help his team to 2 clean sheets against Inter!

Point taken, yet you still seem to have noone lined up. Many available players I've seen who could have done a job for you seem to be snapped up asap. Soon you'll have to look outside of the premiership, like with Kroldrup, to a market that Moyes isn't so familiar in.
Who knows what we've got lined up?
I'm sure Moyes will spring a couple more surprises before the season starts.

Surely you mean finishing above us? I think we both know that was due to your blinding season and our atrocious one. Incidentally, you never beat us. Then why have the other half snubbed you? And there are plenty of players you have been linked with, and even if you have not approached them, many have come out and openly said that they'd rather go elsewhere.
Let's be honest. Nobody quite knows who has and hasn't 'snubbed' us. What we do know, however, is that Bellamy never even talked to us, Emre wanted £60k a week which we weren't prepared to pay, Parker wanted £55k a week which we weren't prepared (or able) to pay, and the Forssell deal was pulled out of due to his dodgy knee.
As for Sissoko, he chose to play for his old manager who he is familiar with, can hardly blame Everton for that?

You'll be playing many more games this season than last, that's to say if you qualify for the CL. Your small squad may not cope with so many, especially if you have any injury troubles. Whilst you may be happy with your bench opportunities, the teams around you are spending and improving the teams.
Aye, we need more bodies, which is where players like Li Tie, McFadden, Ferguson, Weir, Wright, Vaughan, Naysmith etc will fit in. I'd have liked to have offered Steve Watson a new contract, but he decided to go elsewhere, and I can't blame him for wanting first team football.
Another 2/3/4 players will be brought in before the start of the season, which will then go on to give us a decent sized squad for the new campaign.
I don't need to see you in Europe. We've already talked about how the European leagues are different from our own. Different football is played, and different tactics are needed.
Yep course they are different, i'm sure if we are given the same amount of luck you had in Europe last year we'll be absolutely fine. If you can win it with that squad we can win it 10 times over.

Robbie Keane would be nice, yes. Hmm, wait. Let's add Parker to that list. Perhaps Bellamy? Wouldn't mind a bit of Forsell either. Wonder if Emre could do the job? Sissoko would be just what we needed.
I've explaing this already I believe. Do you think Parker or Emre snubbed Everton for footballing reasons?

It's his last season, and he's a substitute. Yes, a great man to be leading the line.
Ideal substitute in my opinion.

In all honesty, it could have been Bolton, it could have been Middlesborough, it could even have been Spurs ffs who had the good season. Can it be sustained? Yes, I've not doubts about that. I'm just saying that everyone will raise their game for next season - can you elevate yours further with what you have?
Could have been Bolton, Boro, Spurs yes, but it wasn't. We managed to stay in the top 4 from September to the end of the season - surely that speaks volumes. With an improved squad of players I see no reason why we can't have another good season this time round.

As for big signings, shame on you. I'd have thought you more than most would know that big signings can turn out to be flops, and legends can be made from small ones. I would count Reina as a big signing for sure - lauded by many as the best La Liga had to offer. Many of the others have not been bought with automatic XI selection in mind - our squad is far better than it was last season. Gerrard can only be our greatest signing of our summer, the whole of the premiership in fact.
Yeah we all know big signings can turn out to be flops! Diao, Biscan, Diouf, Heskey etc.. Reina will probably turn out to be a good signing for you come the end of the season, about time you found a half decent goalkeeper.
I think it's laughable to see the Liverpool fans starting to love Gerrard again. He sh*t all over your club and you all love him for it!
How can you ever thing he's loyal to your club again? He'll be off to Chelsea next summer!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think the way to play against arsenal is to stop them from playin
Exactly. Be a bit physical and stick 5 across the midfield.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads